Supply Chain Coordinator at Fast Radius
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:29 p.m. (CST) on Friday, January 10, 2020
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Coordinator to join the Fast Radius team. This person will be responsible for day-to-day execution within our sourcing department. He or she will submit and monitor projects from initial order entry through final customer delivery. As we are a fast-growth startup, you will assist in multiple supply chain functions such as buyer/procurement, supplier performance, project management and freight/parcel logistics. Reporting into the head of supply chain, this role will be the conduit between our sales team and our supplier network by helping monitor all external manufacturing orders.
We understand imposter syndrome and the confidence gap are real; please apply if you’d be excited to grow into this role and make it your own.
About the Job:
- Manage the quoting / RFQ process for all transactional orders
- Receive, interpret, and input sales orders into our ERP system
- Ensure orders are accurately submitted to our suppliers with all necessary job requirements
- Support the sales team to ensure timely RFQ responses and resolve supplier questions
- Monitor and maintain project timelines to assure on-time delivery of orders from suppliers
- Convey necessary order updates to the sales team and help resolve supplier and delivery issues
- Coordinate and oversee freight and parcel shipments from overseas vendors
- Assist in material purchasing for direct materials used for in-house production projects
- Collaborate with team members for best procedures to ensure timely delivery of parts with the highest quality possible
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of demonstrated success in a similar position
- Working understanding of different manufacturing processes (injection molding, CNC)
- Prior experience in managing and optimizing RFQ and order entry workflows
- Understanding of MRP fundamentals is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems under pressure
- Highly effective computer skills, with demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems
- Proficient in common software tools and data collection
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate and collaborate with internal teams and customers is a must
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and communicating with overseas suppliers
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship from Fast Radius
- Currently living in Chicago or have the desire to move to Chicago (no relocation assistance)
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
-Competitive compensation and bonus structure
-Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
-Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description