Supply Chain Planner
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national chains of retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 89 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,100 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Supply Chain Planner for GTI will be responsible for supporting supply chain activities including: cultivation center, processing, dispensary, process transformation, supply chain planning, inventory management, material requirements management, demand and orders management, & supply chain performance and logistics. Got that?
You will bring depth of working with multiple skus and vendors, experience in contracting and negotiation, thrive in a start-up, gritty environment and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive in. Negative attitudes are not tolerated here at GTI. Bring your moxie and make it happen.
- Sales & Operations Planning
- Ability to analyze current inventory needs, immediate cultivation center demands, and forecasted future sales to maintain balance between fulfillment and replenishment needs
- Collaborate with sales & production facilities to build forecast for product categories to ensure raw materials are planned appropriately
- Collect and verify data, review production plans for finished good items, run analysis for cross-functional optimization
- Logistics & Administration
- Manage the administrative paperwork that guarantees facilities receive their shipments when needed. The planner also manages overhead influences that could potentially increase costs
- Track supplier deliveries and orders to measure on time service and communicate to facilities for deliveries
- Complete purchase order paperwork
- Inventory management
- Show proficiency with inventory management strategies and company assets to promote a healthy supply chain with a steady flow of goods and materials
- Manage daily analysis of internal & external packaging inventory based off forecasted and historical sales
- Assist with month end closing for the accounting department for purchase orders, inventory, and internal transfer
- Supply Chain Project Support
- Assist in research of new suppliers, market launches, and continuous improvement projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance or related degree
- 3+ years experience related to supply chain, logistics optimization, and/or purchasing working with many skus
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel required
- Preferred experience SQL/MS Access
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description