Supply Chain Project Manager
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Project Manager to join our team. This position will be the continuous improvement process lead between our US headquarters (Chicago) and our network of China based suppliers. This role will help oversee project opportunities from their initiation with the sales team through placing and managing orders with contract manufacturers. Additionally, this position will help identify, implement and support new operational processes to help our contract manufacturing efforts.
We understand imposter syndrome and the confidence gap are real; please apply if you’d be excited to grow into this role and make it your own.
About The Job:
- Identify, implement and support key business processes to drive efficiency in quoting and order fulfillment
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives through completion and manage future adherence to new processes
- Implement and operationalize supplier portal to broker RFQs to contract manufactures to ensure projects are quoted quickly
- Ensure orders are accurately submitted to our suppliers with all necessary job requirements
- Create supplier dashboards to monitor and maintain supplier performance
- Provide project management support with suppliers for all open projects to ensure on-time delivery of projects are met
- Interface with new suppliers to qualify them into our approved partner network
- Develop and manage supplier performance metrics and scorecards
- Analyze drawings, CAD data, parts lists and other technical specifications to determine scope of work, accurate manufacturing cost with lead time minimums
- Provide subject matter expertise to the sales team regarding potential opportunities and supporting their sales initiatives
- Assist in material purchasing for direct materials used for production projects as necessary
- Collaborate with team members for best procedures to ensure timely delivery of parts with the highest quality possible
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated success in a similar position
- Prior experience in - Interfacing with sales team for new opportunities, filtering projects to ensure quality project requirements, managing suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of products, validating the supplier design propositions, working with certification and QA/QC processes
- Working understanding of different manufacturing processes (injection molding, CNC)
- Prior experience in managing and optimizing RFQ and order entry workflows
- Understanding of MRP fundamentals is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems under pressure
- Highly effective computer skills, with demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems
- Proficiency reading engineering drawings and specifications
- Proficiency with CAD software for reviewing and understanding 3D CAD files
- Proficiency with Smartsheets and MS Excel
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate and collaborate with internal teams and customers is a must
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment and communicating with oversea suppliers
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
-Competitive compensation and bonus structure
-Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
-Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description