Technical Architect - Implementations
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
Amount is a technology company that offers a full-service platform comprising loan origination, verification and fraud services, decision hosting, analytics, marketing, and servicing powered by leading edge front-end customer experience and next-generation infrastructure.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled technical architect with financial services domain background to join our fast-growing organization. As a key member of the implementations team, the technical architect will ensure technical alignment and communication consistency across business, product, and engineering teams. The ideal candidate is an open-minded and innovative thinker with solid, in-the-field experience in both the disruptive startup space and large-scale enterprise tech.
- Provide technical and business-focused enterprise architecture artifacts for both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Work with internal teams—from product to engineering—to elicit technical documentation.
- Write clear, concise, and lean technical documentation with supporting EA artifacts.
- Improve, maintain, and update enterprise-level technical documentation with accountability for release and versioning in knowledge management systems, e.g., Confluence.
- Collaborate with business, product, and engineering leaders on enterprise platform use case white papers.
- Provide technical guidance to project managers in client meetings, as necessary.
- Collaborate with business, product, and engineering leaders on best practices and integration guides for enterprise-level consumption.
- Execute iteratively and collaborate cross-functionally across business, product, and technical teams, as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software, systems, and architecture with a background in scalable B2B or B2B2C SaaS platform model, preferred.
- Solid knowledge of enterprise technology execution industry standards, best practices, and governance.
- Working knowledge of SOA, Microservices, and/or legacy-to-mid-to-next-gen/cloud architectures and technologies.
- Solid understanding of APIs, middleware, databases, AWS Serverless, etc.
- Solid knowledge of Agile, SDLC, and other software development methodologies.
- Solid knowledge of industry standard technical documentation disciplines, e.g., Lean.
- Excellent communication and soft skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Servant leadership, can-do attitude, and high EQ.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience/knowledge of Ubiquitous Language Documentation (ULD), Domain-Driven Design (DDD), or other common language documentation practice.
- Prior experience/background in financial services enterprise digital transformation execution(s).
- Prior experience/knowledge of architectural best practices—e.g., AWS Well-Architected framework or other, a plus.
- Prior industrial level experience as a hands-on coder, developer, or engineer, an absolute plus.
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 10 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!
Read Full Job Description