Technical BA/PM (M&A)
Technical BA/PM (M&A)
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is looking for a Sr. Consultant to join our Technology practice and work closely with our Mergers and Acquisitions practice (M&A). This is an exciting opportunity to work within our Technology practice on project work including M&A due diligences, strategic enterprise architecture, architecture of post-merger integrations, and high-level plans for carve-outs.
What will you be doing?
* Assess the underlying technical environment within an organization and identify risks and opportunity areas to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
* Evaluate IT and technical development processes for best practices and levels of maturity
* Identify key process issues and risks in the context of an investment thesis while evaluating potential investments for our Private Equity clients
* Formulate projects and strategies to support the client’s investment thesis, key risk mitigation, and long-term technology-based initiatives in the form of risk mitigation and post-close projects.
* Demonstrate expertise in designing technology solutions through system integration and application development
* Develop PowerPoint presentations to deliver to our private equity clients with our findings and potential recommendations
* 3-5 years of project management experience with experience in migrations, re-factoring and greenfield development projects
* Working knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration and custom object-oriented design and development
* Must have prior consulting experience (at a consulting firm, not just as a contractor)
* Experience applying Agile/lean methodologies
* Experience leading requirements gathering sessions with high level stakeholders at external clients
* Demonstrated experience leading technical engagements including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management experience (time tracking, budgeting, status reporting, etc.
* Experience working within a dynamic, collaborative, and team-based environment
* Desire to lead and mentor other team members or developers while leading projects
* BS / Computer Science, MIS or equivalent required
* Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.