Technical Program Manager 2 - Inventory Technology at Nordstrom
A Program Manager 2 is part of a key team of technology professionals managing technical programs that deliver significant business value to Nordstrom and its customers. The Program Manager 2 partners with internal stakeholders to develop, design, build and launch technology solutions. This position interacts with people in both business and technical roles to create specifications and resolve issues with an eye toward continuous improvement. This position works across department and functional lines on a variety of programs that range in scope, risk and complexity.
As part of the Inventory Technology organization, this Program Manager will support our Vendor Data & Services team. This team focuses on building capabilities that enable efficient Supplier data management and a portal to securely share information to. This is a critical platform supplying data to multiple systems throughout the Nordstrom ecosystem including Nordstrom.com.
Do you have a passion for solving business problems with technology? Do you think about solving complex problems the right way? Join our team and be on the cutting edge of retail technology geared at connecting consumers with the products they love.
A day in the life…
- Thoroughly understands the standards, concepts and principles of program management to solve practical needs of the business, while independently managing small to moderate programs
- Proactively manages work execution through program dependencies, risks, schedules, budgets and understands the importance of requirements gathering, prioritization, and clear stakeholder communication
- Familiar with Agile development concepts, planning and ceremonies
- Uses data to report status, performance and communicates using fact-based and relevant data
- Possesses awareness and practical experience with technology (e.g. Cloud, APIs, services, Windows stack, open source, database technologies, etc.)
- Applies engineering lifecycle knowledge to feature design, task estimation, design review, story creation, triage, schedule and performance standards
- Reads basic code constructs, and understands estimates of effort to complete engineering work streams
- Can perform basic data analysis and testing tasks when needed
You own this if you have…
- A 4-year degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Project management experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated successful program delivery
- An understanding of SDLC methodologies
- Experience translating technical requirements into plans
- Experience translating business requirements into executable
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.