Technical Program Manager - LivingSocial
LivingSocial is THE place to discover and save on the best things to do in your city and beyond. And since we were acquired by Groupon, we’re poised to do that at an even bigger scale. We take great pride in putting the customer at the center of everything we do. As we continue to grow our brand within the Groupon family, we’re seeking a passionate, data-driven technical program manager to drive execution of the most impactful engineering initiatives for its LivingSocial brand. You will lead and coordinate design, partner integration, implementation, testing, and post-launch analysis efforts between internal teams (both within and outside engineering).
The LivingSocial Program Manager will oversee projects that span one or multiple product, engineering, and sales teams, and execute cross-collaboratively. It is an exciting role in which you are the nexus of information for several LivingSocial engineering projects, allowing you to directly contribute to the success of key strategic engineering and business initiatives, everything from launching a new inventory type to implementing a new machine learning algorithm.
- Drive the LivingSocial product & engineering roadmap projects, generating material business lift and supporting key strategic priorities
- Meet with partners in Chicago, Seattle, Palo Alto, and San Francisco virtually and in-person to discuss the engineering roadmap and business needs
- Drive cross-functional teams toward optimizing existing product tools, features and process to streamline operations
- Understand technical dependencies in detail, and project manage complex technical projects through to launch
- Provide technical implementation guidance, while troubleshooting and escalating issues
- Understand operational workflows, identify and implement processes to drive operational scaling, and create new processes when appropriate
- Manage the creation of new processes and tools that support product automation and scalability
- Identify, route and solve major product escalations with product and engineering teams
- Communicate timely and accurate status to appropriate stakeholders
- Develop tools and reporting systems to track product progress
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, technology, information systems, mathematics, engineering, or related field
- 3+ years experience in operations/technology/project management
- Self-starter with excellent communication and project management skills
- Strong team management skills; ability to instill commitment among team members at all levels
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with expertise in balancing multiple, rapidly-moving projects
- Superb judgment with the ability to make decisions and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight
- Previous experience in leading high visibility, cross-functional global projects with ability to effectively influence distributed teams across various time zones.
- Successful completion of building out large-scale project plans (150+ lines) with resources, effort, dependencies, and full SDLC
- Experience communicating effectively and seamlessly with developers, non-technical business partners and top management, including progress and issues reporting to all levels within the organization
- Strong experience with both traditional SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with JIRA, wikis, and Google docs, as well as adaptability to additional project planning tools as needed
- Strong adaptability, problem-solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organization, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.