Technical Program Manager Senior – GRC Supplier Compliance at Nordstrom
Technical Program Manager Senior – GRC Supplier Compliance
Technical Program Manager Senior – GRC Supplier Compliance
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
A day in the life…
As a technical program manager on the Supplier Governance, Risk, & Compliance team, you will help drive our ability to meet customer, business, and industry expectations. You will partner across internal teams to design, build, and administer the program to review proposed revisions, execution, tracking, and compliance of assigned agreements and contracts. This role acts as a liaison between Technology, Security, Legal, Privacy, Business, and Strategic Sourcing teams, interacting with various leaders across the organization for prioritization and provide visibility, to ensure successful execution of agreements and contracts to mitigate risks and drive value, efficiency, and quality across the organization. The program will support comprehensive evaluation of contractual terms, including but not limited to security provisions, to meet the Nordstrom customer service mission of protecting customer data.
In this role, you will…
- Participate in the end-to-end contracting process, review contracts, and facilitate analysis and collaboration with various Nordstrom teams while leveraging industry insights to assist in making strategic recommendations
- Develop and execute on negotiation strategies and lead negotiations for moderate to complex contracts when required.
- Act as a key contact by providing guidance on commonly requested edits, non-standard terms, policies, and questions from the Nordstrom Sourcing and Legal teams
- Develop and manage requirements for the maintenance and improvements of supplier compliance management processes and systems
- Support the implementation and enforcement of contract policies
- Build processes and procedures to ensure compliance with Nordstrom policies and practices, and that contract policies and processes scale with changing business requirements
- Monitor compliance with contract requirements, and report on contract information, development status, and performance to appropriate internal teams
- Develop and deliver training to Nordstrom personnel regarding contractual compliance requirements, key policies, process, and tools to establish business relationships, and application to related policies
- Build and maintain solid working relationships with internal stakeholders by understanding the business organizational structure and culture.
You own this if you have…
- 6-10 years’ experience in contract administration or legal business agreements
- Experience managing a portfolio of complex contracts in the technology space; data privacy and data processing experience (including but not limited to CCPA, GDPR) is preferred
- A Juris Doctorate (JD) is preferred.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred
- Intermediate working knowledge of Thomson Reuters Practical Law; working knowledge of Thomson Reuters Westlaw Edge or other litigation analytics tool preferred
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest level of discretion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable working collaboratively in a team environment with all levels of the company, including executive management
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate easily in response to shifting priorities, process change, and risk tolerance
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- High-level understanding of a broad range of security and risk management topics, such as data protection, application security, risk assessment methodology, and risk frameworks; CISA or equivalent is a plus
Who you are
- A trendsetter. You thrive in an intellectually challenging environment with leading edge technologies
- A teacher. You’re able to mentor your peers and help our team grow
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding
- A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology’s sake
- An empath. You understand what the customer needs and use that perspective to create the best user experience
How we work
- With others. We have remote collaboration tools where our teams work together collectively to build out technical solutions
- With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don’t encourage silos
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company
- With data. We use lean principles and flow metrics to increase transparency and predictability in delivery while collecting feedback for continuous improvement
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Hourly and salary pay ranges specific to Colorado are listed below, which is provided in compliance with Colorado law. Nordstrom continues to remain competitive with pay and benefits in all markets.
Minimum - $12.55/hr
Maximum - $46.10/hr
Salary (Non-Exempt and Exempt)
Minimum - $30,200/annual
Maximum - $289,200/annual