Technical Program Manager
The Project Manager assists in the planning and tracking of FTD Technology projects according to deadlines and budget. This includes coordinating with members at all levels and all parts of the development teams, as well as Finance, the Business Units and management, and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also assist in defining the project's objectives and verifying compliance through the lifecycle, and preparing for release.
The Project Manager will also be responsible for the administration and management of Clarity PPM. This includes the creation of all FTD projects, user assignment, and reporting for the PMO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full-scale project plans
- Assemble and coordinate project staff
- Manage project budget
- Manage project resource allocation
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Ensure a quality product is delivered
- Continuously monitor and report on the progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Work with the management team and Finance to manage the Capital Expenditure process.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Create and manage projects in Clarity PPM
- Create a project and portfolio reports from Clarity PPM
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. degree required. MIS or CS degree preferred; PMP or PgMP certification is required
- 7+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Must have a working knowledge of Clarity PPM.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Is persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.