Technical Project Manager, Bioinformatics
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager who will have responsibility for planning and tracking the execution of bioinformatics software development.
- Work with technical leads to develop project plans–dig into tough problems and work to ensure that the technical solution will solve functional needs
- Work with product to define minimum viable products that meet business requirements
- Develop tools and processes to accurately estimate timelines for major scientific projects
- Assign and track work across a team of bioinformaticians to ensure deliverables are met on time and with exceptional accuracy
- Report project statuses, quality metrics, and general feedback to team leadership
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure data is appropriately reflected and consumed by all Tempus teams
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in biological sciences, healthcare, or analytical field
- 3-5 years of project management or product experience
- Familiarity with SQL, Excel, and Tableau preferred
- Highly organized and systematic with ability to effectively prioritize in a dynamic and time-sensitive environment with minimal guidance
- Proven track record of executing complex projects with multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Persistent and resilient person who thrives in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Solution-oriented mindset