Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to classroom!
Are you an experienced and dynamic Technical Project Manager with experience in business analysis, systems analysis or technical project management?
The Technical Project Manager will manage all aspects of project planning and quality implementation as it relates to the production and delivery of Elevate K-12 This includes providing technical expertise, project finance and budget compliance, supervising staff tasks and performance, coordinating with partners, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
- Analyze project requirements; includes investigating project needs in various functional areas, and identifying resources required
- Collaborate with diverse teams to develop, organize, and execute cross-functional project plans for delivering platform updates and third party integrations
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and operational constraints.
- Have the ability to drive technology discussions where multiple solutions are considered and trade-offs are defined.
- Work with Platform leadership to define strategic platform investments that help all of our products get better over time.
- Streamline the way our Platform collectively delivers against its strategic goals and highest priorities.
- Manage release handover from technology team and provide acceptance testing with concerned stakeholders
- Oversee project teams to ensure delivery of agreed deliverables, plans and strategies as per Elevate K-12 policies, procedures and standard
- Conduct project meetings, capture meeting notes and action items, communicate assignments and expectations to project team members and track completion of project deliverables to ensure quality and integrity of all project-related products.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously according to plan, measures, monitors, and reports progress at defined points to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget
- Facilitate and communicate all key milestones and decisions during the feasibility, design, and development stages of a new product or process change to all levels of the organization.
- Provide support to new initiatives and pilots with project management, documentation, user acceptance testing, etc
- Escalate risks and issues to leadership and develops mitigation strategies and plan that correlate
This position is required to work out of our downtown Chicago office at least one day a week.
What you will need:
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- PMP Certification a plus, but not required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of business and project management experience
- Thorough knowledge of project management processes and up-to-date technologies
- Experience working with on-shore and off-shore teams
- Proven expertise in resource, cost, and scope management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams of matrixed team members
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- A great communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tech savvy and overall proficiency: Power Point, Word, Google Suite; project management software a plus
- Stellar prioritization skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.