Technical Project Manager at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Technical Project Manager, Corporate IT, is a key position in our success of delivering an amazing technology experience to our Grubhub population. This role is based in Chicago, and reports to the Director, Corporate IT. We are looking for a Technical Project Manager who has experience in implementing internal IT systems across multiple teams.
Delivering excellent customer service and technology solutions for approximately 5,000 employees / outsource partners in over 20 office locations.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Coordinate and track individual technical projects, programs and initiatives that support company strategic plans and department roadmap to drive business results.
- Foster an environment of collaboration, partnership, customer focus, quality, excellence, urgency, accountability, continuous improvement, and innovation. Define expectations and metrics and monitor performance.
- Oversee planning of projects, programs, and initiatives ensuring consistency and compliance to company processes and policies. Drive execution and accountability to deliver on time, on a budget, to the scope, and with quality. Ensure people, processes, and technologies are aligned to deliver business value.
- Partner with leadership and business stakeholders in an organized governance model to maintain prioritization of projects, programs, and initiatives, and ensure appropriate alignment of resources. Build a reputation as a trusted partner who understands the business and collaborates to deliver on commitments and drive business results.
- Support the team’s efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
- Maintain effective communication with leadership to keep them aware of critical issues and the action plans for addressing those issues.
- Prepare and present regular status updates for the initiative, including roadmaps, project timelines, and action plans.
You Should Have
- 4+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager within a technology or e-commerce organization.
- 2+ years of working within Technical Operations or Technology Organization
- Strong technical aptitude and experience managing IT projects and initiatives
- Solid understanding of different software development lifecycle models and expert knowledge in agile and traditional principles, with the ability to blend processes to find the right fit for technology and our business.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Experience managing external vendors and contractors
- Experience working with a remote project team
- Experience with Google Sheets, Asana, Jira and other project management tools
- Adaptable: You’ll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across technology and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Critical thinking: You must be able to ensure that the programs we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason and authority when a product is not ready in the face of external pressure to hit a specific timeframe.
- Must be a solutions enabler that can understand business requirements and work with subject matter experts and stakeholders to arrive at solutions.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.