Technical Project Manager at Epsilon
Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Epsilon is a leader in interaction management, empowering brands to transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. Through a connected suite of products and services, Epsilon combines leading-edge identity management, industrial strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades working with the industry’s top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands turn meaningful human interactions into exceptional business outcomes.
About this Role:
As a Project Manager, you will be joining an elite team in Chicago that focuses on delivering the most important organizational initiatives. You will be aligned to specific Ad Server engineering teams as a scrum master along with managing and driving several cross-functional internal projects. A Project Manager must be able to work independently, troubleshoot issues as they arise, adapt to the agile environment, and clearly communicate all stages of the initiative to key stakeholders. A key responsibility is working within an established process framework to ensure milestones are met.
Job Responsibilities and expectations:
- Excellent and versatile communication skills: can you understand a technical walkthrough and explain it in plain language to others?
· Work with members of the Epsilon Product and Engineering teams to manage the most important organizational Initiatives.
· Drive Stakeholders from all areas of the company to ensure clearly documented/defined scope and wins.
· Understand the priorities of various internal projects and help steer organizational tradeoffs so we get the right things done.
· Facilitates Planning, Daily Scrums and Backlog Grooming
· Work with a wide range of cross functional teams within the entire company: Engineering, Creative, Media, Decision Sciences – you will be the central hub for ongoing work from a variety of teams.
· Work as an in-demand helper to other teams to ensure delivery of cross team efforts.
· Manage a variety of projects concurrently with varying degrees of scope and urgency.
· Understand the nuances of your projects and communicate to audiences from Senior Management to hands-on engineers so everyone has the information they need and can be effective.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycles (Agile, Waterfall, hybrid).
What you are:
· Motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills. Able to elicit cooperation from a variety of resources.
· Able to coach development team(s) on scoping work for delivery cycles appropriately and control scope creep.
· Able to work with a diverse team and adapt communication styles and message content to appropriate audiences.
· Effective communication skills to mediate disputes and uncover hidden objections or concerns.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Able to anticipate problems and resolve them before they happen.
· Experience with software integration projects that are across multiple teams.
· Experience with managing remote teams.
· Ability to adapt to a flexible process structure and comfortable with a startup and/or high growth environment where individuals sometimes serve in multiple roles.
· Experienced with JIRA in a software development setting.
· Robust understanding of internet applications, intranets, extranets, applicable project management, bug and resource tracking software and team collaboration platforms.
· Background in internet advertising and a familiarity with web analytics.
- Experience in the Digital Ad space a large plus.
· Solid technical background with application programming, database and system design a plus.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.