Are you somebody with a solid technology acumen along with being a strong project manager and leader, Are you looking to move to the next level in your career journey? Do you like working with great people who help support you and help you learn? Do you take pride in helping others around you grow & learn from your own experiences? If so, there is an exciting role possibly waiting for you as an experienced Technical Project Manager at Everspring.
The Technical Project Manager is a hybrid role encompassing both technical acumen and a servant leader who supports both waterfall and Agile delivery teams in its effort to deliver working software that increases Everspring's ability to deliver value to academic partners and students.
The Technical Project Manager's knowledge and experience as a project delivery practitioner and technical guide directs the team in making commitments to business stakeholders, and to each other, that raises the bar in terms of quality, effectiveness and value creation. The ideal candidate is somebody comfortable working in multiple types of delivery cycles (I.e. Waterfall, Agile, SAFe, hybrid,…etc.). The ideal candidate is also a workflow driver who influences both team members and business stakeholders to leverage change as a tool of improvement and competitive advantage.
This position reports into the Director of Technology and is based in Chicago, IL at our headquarters.
- Facilitate hybrid lifecycles that can be a mix of Waterfall, XP, and Agile.
- Facilitate the daily Scrum/Kanban frameworks with respect to ceremonies, artifacts and roles.
- Administration of Atlassian Jira.
- Generating various SDLC workflow reports around epics, sprints, burn-down, burn-up…etc.
- Coach and teach agile values, principles and practices.
- Using scheduling tools like Monday.com, Smartsheets, and being able to create Gantt charts as necessary in project management.
- Develop both a broad and solid understanding of Everspring’s technology ecosystem and how it enables each of our business functions.
- Guide technical discussions with Engineers/IT Staff when needed in coordination with the Director of Engineering.
- Facilitate collaborative delivery of value to the company through working software.
- Serve the team by removing impediments and advocating for resources needed for the team's success.
- Lead the team in continuously improving quality, effectiveness and value creation.
- Facilitate short-term, mid-term and long-term feature planning along with estimating.
- Senior level skills in being a Scrum Master to handle ceremonies and reporting.
- You must be familiar with scaled Agile frameworks such as SAFe, LeSS, and DaD.
- Understand the Agile release train under SAFe which includes the architectural runway (AR) for design sessions.
- Must have an understanding of PMI PMBOK for waterfall style delivery. We are a hybrid environment of WaterScrum or ScrumFall.
- Able to balance masterfully both technical communication with engineers and functional discussions with business stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate previous experience in owning and successfully delivering multiple complex technical projects involving several stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical environment as a practitioner, with at least 3-5 years serving in the Scrum Master role.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and exercises at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Ability to lead the team in discovering their own solutions to problems and challenges while knowing when to step in to provide specific direction when needed in order to ensure projects stay on track .
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of scaled Agile frameworks such as SAFe, LeSS, and DaD.
- Experience with Agile technical practices, such as pair programming, test driven development (TDD) and continuous integration (CI).
- Experience leading multiple Scrum teams at once.
- Previous waterfall delivery experience.
- Familiarity with project charters and work breakdown structures (WBS)
- Experience developing software.
- Scrum Master certification or PMP certification is a plus.
Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and complementary services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities. Built In Chicago has named us one of the "Best Places to Work" in 2021.
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.