Technical Project Manager
What You'll Do:
The Technical Project Manager coordinates, supports, and assists all aspects of a project from original concept through the final implementation. Often, this will involve leading several projects concurrently, with some larger initiatives spanning involvement across the enterprise. Projects will have frequent cross-functional intersections with other teams, requiring the ability to negotiate and deliver on commitments between teams. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, with the ability to leverage these skills to build consensus among competing objectives for growth and controlling expenses.
- Define the high-level scope of the project including organizational, systems and process impacts.
- Define high-level list of deliverables.
- Determine project stakeholders, roles, communication plans and stakeholder expectations.
- Define overall project approach and strategy.
- Create an appropriate Risk Management and Communication Plan.
- Determine resources required to complete the project (time, money, equipment, etc).
- Develop a schedule for project completion.
- Review project schedule with sponsors as well as team members; revise the schedule as necessary. Execute the project according to the plan.
- Conduct feedback sessions and retrospectives.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical project management or related role.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business preferred
- Understand business practices, and ensure that their behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Create and implement plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Nice to have's:
- Certification in project management
Why Work Here?
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.