Technical Project Manager at KAR Global
The Technical Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, leading, and organizing agile Data Science, Dev Ops, and Data Engineering teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in supporting the delivery of agile projects that provide exceptional business value to our internal and external customers. The PM will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The PM will be responsible for interfacing with Technical and Product Management teams in collecting technical requirements and creating Epics and Stories to facilitate and execution of these projects.
- Project Planning– Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Resource Planning – Assist Technical Managers with identifying team allocation and availability to help the SLT and Product Team’s prioritize and schedule future initiatives.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Product Manager Collaboration – Coordinate with the Product teams to determine their Data Science, Data Engineering, and Dev Ops needs and create and manage the corresponding Project Epics and Stories.
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Solid understanding of using Agile Project Methodology on Technical Projects as well as a basic understanding of traditional project management principles and practices.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing technical projects using Agile methodologies including 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing small to medium, semi-complex projects in a high-tech environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile/Kanban methodologies with enterprise-level technical projects.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5+ team members.
- Experience soliciting and documenting system requirements and drafting customer facing documentation.
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide credible leadership to technical team teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate project risks and issues.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills including listening, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead technical projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Trello, or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level