Technical Project Manager
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
We are looking for intellectually curious and highly motivated technical project managers who thrive in fast-paced startup environment to join our team. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to deliver projects to completion. This person will work closely with business stakeholders, engineering leaders and product managers to execute high impact technical projects.
What you will do at Amount:
- Project manage key tech initiatives and drive projects to completion
- Be the key interface with engineering leads to estimate work, define project milestones and deliverables
- Track progress, evaluate risks and communicate to management and project stakeholders
- Partner with engineering, product, and business leadership to build highly collaborative teams and to enhance communication across teams and stakeholders
- Develop domain and technical knowledge of technical product to understand technical implementation at the architecture level
- Assist in managing the cross-team strategic planning and translating into detailed project plans
- Provide guidance and direction required for meeting project objectives
- Facilitate sprint planning and retrospective
- Lead scrum teams with a focus on ensuring successful implementation
- Maintain an organized project using project management tools (e.g., JIRA)
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- 2+ years of experience in a consulting firm or as a technical project manager, product manager or developer in a software development environment
- Experience managing complex technical projects to completion
- Strong understanding of agile software development life cycle methodology
- Technical aptitude and ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong collaborator and willingness to go above and beyond
- Familiarity with agile software management and collaboration tools like GitHub and JIRA
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!
Read Full Job Description