Technical Project Manager at Amount
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:58 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry. At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
Amount is a technology company focused on accelerating the world’s transition to digital financial services. We create technology experiences that help financial institutions better understand their customers while enabling them to live their best financial lives. We aim to make it easier for financial institutions to provide greater access and smarter tools, so everyone has the opportunity to tackle the financial challenges they face. Our technology is shaping the future of financial services by enabling our partners to better understand and serve their customers, and we are looking for talented team members to join us on the journey.
We are looking for intellectually curious and highly motivated technical project managers who thrive in fast-paced startup environment to join our team. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to deliver projects to completion. This person will work closely with business stakeholders, engineering leaders and product managers to execute high impact technical projects.
What you will do at Amount:
- Project manage key tech initiatives and drive projects to completion
- Be the key interface with engineering leads to estimate work, define project milestones and deliverables
- Track progress, evaluate risks and communicate to management and project stakeholders
- Partner with engineering, product, and business leadership to build highly collaborative teams and to enhance communication across teams and stakeholders
- Develop domain and technical knowledge of technical product to understand technical implementation at the architecture level
- Assist in managing the cross-team strategic planning and translating into detailed project plans
- Provide guidance and direction required for meeting project objectives
- Facilitate sprint planning and retrospective
- Lead scrum teams with a focus on ensuring successful implementation
- Maintain an organized project using project management tools (e.g., JIRA)
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- 2+ years of experience in a consulting firm or as a technical project manager, product manager or developer in a software development environment
- Experience managing complex technical projects to completion
- Strong understanding of agile software development life cycle methodology
- Technical aptitude and ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong collaborator and willingness to go above and beyond
- Familiarity with agile software management and collaboration tools like GitHub and JIRA
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
-Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO with open vacation policy.
-Enjoy a daily lunch subsidy through our Fooda partnership, and healthy snacks!
-We also offer monthly treats, wine and beer on tap, and more!
-Some days it can be difficult to commute into the office, we are happy to offer work from home flexibility with sign off from your manager.
-Stay active by taking advantage of our onsite gym membership.
-We offer medical, dental, and vision - we also have an Employee Assistance Program and commuter benefits.
-We are proud to offer meaningful equity and a competitive 401k plan.
-Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!
Read Full Job Description