Technical Project Manager
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. In this role, you’ll help the technology team execute on complex projects across interdependent teams. Many projects will be high profile and business critical. You’ll serve a key point person for the plan design, execution, and success of the project. Experience in IT projects, an ability to learn fast and understand the details you’re managing, and an appreciation for business and industry risks are important in balancing speed and success of these projects.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Technical Project Manager at VillageMD?
- Own the planning and oversight of execution of large, technical operational projects such as moving telcom infrastructure to the cloud.
- Create standard project templates based on industry knowledge and lessons learned to execute repeat projects such as email server migrations.
- Drive business critical projects such as post-acquisition IT mergers, incorporating business objectives into overall planning and timeline creation.
What will make you successful here?
- Strong, concise communication skills across a variety of technical levels
- A can-do attitude with low-ego and an ability to garner trust across multiple teams
- Excellent project management skills
- Enjoying navigating uncharted territory with the ability to make decisions when necessary and escalate for input when necessary
- Strong sense of curiosity to understand the nuances in the projects that are being managed
- A sense of creativity for designing systems for tracking and communication that can be reused both inside and outside of technology
What you might do in your first year:
- Implement and run customer survey that allows us to compare our service levels to an industry benchmark, such as the HDI data.
- Develop communication models to cover enterprise announcements, training sessions and outage response.
- Implement and run end user training programs and support orientation sessions to increase technology awareness and self-sufficiency.
- Examine current tooling for various needs such as remote access, image management and asset tracking and ensure that they are meeting needs of service management function as well as identify newer technologies that can potentially help team deliver services more efficiently.
- Draft new SOPs as needed with attention to detail and streamline and update existing SOPs
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3-5 years of project management experience in IT
- Prefer a technical background in IT, including network operations, email infrastructure, or telcom
- An understanding of security risks and mitigation strategies
- An openness to travel, as needed, based on project demands up to 30%
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.