Technical Project Manager at Ascent
Technical Project Manager
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to almost 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What is this position?
The Technical Project Manager works across the product development organization (with product, design, developers, QA, devops) to coordinate the work in an agile fashion. You are passionate about predictable software as service delivery to our customers. This position defines and utilizes metrics to help optimize the software development. In this position, you will report directly to the Director, Engineering role, and be a key member of our growing team!
- Manage and coordinate the development process for up to three teams in Agile methodology (sprint planning, standups, grooming, etc).
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Expertise in Agile Practices (emphasis on Scrum, Lean, Kanban, and XP is desirable)
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Experience leading and influencing cross-functional groups
- Attention to detail and ability to facilitate cross functional team discussions/workshops
- Self-driven, ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-growth situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus Points:
- PMP / Scrum Master Certification
- Background delivering products in highly regulated industries
- Deep SaaS project management experience
- JIRA/Confluence experience
- Competitive Compensation and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Flexible Work Environment
- Reimbursement for Continuous Online Learning courses
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- 401K offered
- Pre-Tax Commuter benefits