Technical Project Manager at GoHealth
GoHealth is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our high-performing technology organization. A strong candidate will demonstrate mastery of agile principles and carry a passion for influencing outcomes. You will work with engineering and business teams on a daily basis to remove impediments, ensure alignment with business priorities, and to maintain transparency with the broader organization.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
- Facilitate and support technology program execution on day-to-day basis, and working across multiple departments.
- Report deviations on project progress and timeline to stakeholders (business, product, technology, and others).
- Identify and mitigate risks to project progress.
- Keep project execution statuses up-to-date in standard work tracking tools (e.g. Jira) and processes, including everything from information about timelines to milestones of specifically defined deliverables.
- Ensure the teams allocated to each project understand the business’s priorities and are aligned to them.
- Prepare inputs for review of planned vs actual resource allocation per project.
- Facilitate daily technology standups, retrospectives, and regular demo sessions.
- Propose facilitation process enhancements to improve project execution.
- Identify dependencies between projects that might affect the delivery date, and coordinate dependencies between teams.
- Track project workstreams and the flow of information, not only inside the technology department, but throughout the whole organization
- Understand the workflows and technology department processes to support onboarding for new hires
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience, and at least 1 year of technical leadership experience in an Agile software development environment as a Scrum Master/Agile Facilitator.
- Bachelor’s degree in information science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or another highly quantitative field.
- Deep understanding of the reasons for and the value of Agile ceremonies
- Situational Awareness – must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Ability to gain the respect of your coworkers and be willing to get your hands dirty when needed to get the job done
- Ability to navigate interpersonal issues, and disposition to treat others with courage, openness, and respect
- Leadership – must be the voice of reason that guides the team to be focused and goal driven
- Experience working with remote teams and different time zones is nice to have
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer