Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective through the use of digital instructional resources. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortlessly distributing those materials.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of all concurrent projects, from project approval to project completion. This includes creating project documentation, monitoring tasks and commitments, calibrating priorities and requests, managing and mitigating risk, and maintaining a master schedule of all projects and activities. RedShelf’s Project Manager will report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer and will be responsible for facilitating stakeholder communication, setting timelines, designating resources, and monitoring and reporting on progress.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with all departments including account operations, sales, publishing, marketing, product management and software development to ensure the flawless execution of company projects and initiatives.
- Define project scope and coordinate resources accordingly
- Monitor and track progress of projects and clearly communicate performance to project stakeholders
- Identify, communicate and mitigate project risk through conflict and issue resolution across stakeholders
- Provide regular executive briefings to provide status updates and risk assessments
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Manage changes to scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate tools and communication techniques.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of experience working in project management; preferably within an EdTech or other tech-based environment.
- Bachelor’s in a technical related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in project software and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with general database design concepts.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.