Technical Solution Manager
What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so progressive organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
Solution Managers at Civis work closely with Engineering, Design, Data Science, Sales, and Marketing teams to develop and launch custom products and features.
On our team, you will:
- Actively build relationships with business owners, delivery owners, and technical subject matter experts to understand the client’s needs and scope clear product requirements
- Write clear, detailed specs and unblock your team so they can execute
- Be a strong voice for your team, managing expectations with stakeholders across the company and proactively communicating feature releases
- Get your hands dirty with data, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding the market and client challenge to solve real problems with data and technology
- Develop and manage against a project plan to complete the work
- Help scope and design the project plan
- Set priorities for the various workstreams (data science, data engineering, solution architecture, design, engineering, etc.)
- Work closely with project team to help design sprints
- Escalate issues to the Client Lead and Managing Directors as needed
- Be a senior point of contact for the client, and work as needed with client users
- 3+ years technical project management or similar experience
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with diverse, cross-functional stakeholders, including leadership, to ensure that everyone is working towards the same goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills, clear and concise communication, and the ability to target your message to specific audiences
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations; you can identify and quickly act upon an opportunity or problem without explicit instructions
- Ability to balance creative thinking with strong business judgment and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example; you do not delegate what you would not do yourself and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help finish a project
- Proven ability to deliver results; you have shipped products and measured the success of these products
- US work authorization required
- Product and/or project management experience in a startup, or demonstrated experience managing projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge of agile product development and life-cycle management processes
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW