Digital ads drive over 100 billion phone calls to U.S. businesses every year… Surprisingly, the marketers who paid for those ads typically have zero insight into these customer interactions and conversions. As the market leader in call analytics and customer experience optimization, DialogTech provides data-driven marketers with an end-to-end call attribution and analytics platform. This enterprise-class solution delivers transparency and control over every conversation, so companies can optimize lead generation, map the full path to conversion, and increase sales conversions.
We are seeking a Technical Solutions Engineer to join our Customer Solutions Engineering team, part of our Customer Success organization. In this role, you will be working directly with customers, engineers, product managers, and sales to identify and scope custom technical solutions for extending our platform to meet our customers' needs.
Your typical day will consist of hopping on calls with clients and sales teams, collaborating with engineers to architect solutions for customers requirements, writing up SOWs and engineering requirements, coordinating with other DialogTech teams to pull together the best solution from a deep pool of platform technologies. If you are a self-starting individual with excellent analytical skills, we want to talk to you!
So, what will you be doing in your shiny, new role?
- You will gather and analyze technical requirements to establish system requirements;
- You will work side by side with our development team to craft custom engineering solutions;
- You will represent DialogTech from a technical standpoint during meetings with clients at all levels and across all lines of business;
- You will build work plans and estimates relating to systems integration work tasks and team members;
- You'll be researching, evaluating, and recommending systems, equipment, and or technologies based on client needs;
- Building API calls into platforms utilizing REST, SOAP, and other API standards;
- You will draft technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, statements of work, and other systems integration-related documents;
- You will regularly collaborate with colleagues across functions, such as management, sales, administration, legal, and customer success;
- You will manage project scope and timelines plus all project-related communications to clients and teams;
- You will develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based on system recommendations;
- You will offer advice to existing and prospective clients and provide tier-III technical support, as needed;
- You will assist our Sales staff with presentations and technical questions, and help our Sales team strategize based on their product knowledge.
What skills and experience will help you succeed in this role?
- 3+ years experience in customer support or working as a solutions engineer in a technical role, preferably working with SaaS products;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related field or equivalent coursework;
- Basic API skills, including experience making API calls utilizing tools such as Postman, PAW, cURL, etc.;
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong written and verbal interpersonal skills;
- You have an aptitude for solving complex problems;
- You enjoy working in a dynamic, agile environment with tight deadlines;
- You understand the different authentication models for integrations, such as Basic Auth, OAuth, etc.; and
- A willingness to travel (~10% of the time) to our other company office (Chicago or Cleveland), client sites, and trade shows.
What are some other “nice-to-have” skills that will make you stand out?
- Familiarity with software development processes;
- Project management experience;
- QA experience;
- Experience within the SaaS and/or digital marketing industry;
- A decent understanding of the most common pieces of a MarTech stack and their functions (ad serving and bid management platforms, DMPs, DSPs, tag managers, etc.);
- Passing familiarity with DialogTech’s platform and software solutions or similar call-tracking and call-attribution platforms; and
- Previous experience in a client-facing role ranging from SMB to Enterprise level.
We are one of the 101 Best and Brightest Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 9 times running, a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplaces company, and a 2017 Crain's Fast 50 company. Come join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.