Join a team that is transforming healthcare delivery with technology
At Ascension, we are working hard to change the way healthcare is delivered - to be more person-centric, caregiver-friendly, insight-led and digital-first. We are doing this by bringing modern architecture, design thinking, advanced analytics, and automation to healthcare. In order to achieve our vision, we are in the process of building a world class technology team in an environment that inspires innovation, creativity and bold aspirations. We are looking for proven Health Information Technology (HIT) leaders and thinkers to help build and lead an extraordinary team that has the potential to change healthcare at one of the largest mission-driven healthcare institutions in the country, and set the tone for the future of the industry itself.
No travel required.
What You Will Do
Ascension is looking for leaders who have experience helping customers solve large-scale problems with technology. As a Technology Program Director for Medical Imaging with Ascension Technologies and leader in this center of excellence, you will supply an exceptionally high concentration of expertise and related resources centered on technology in the medical imaging healthcare faculty. You will have the opportunity to lead large scale program management for our medical imaging technology program that supports the delivery of critical patient care.
- Responsible for planning, strategic engagement, supporting solutioning to define standards, and sponsoring execution of medical imaging technology.
- Develop and manage relationships with key business stakeholders at the system level.
- Engage in critical business collaboration to develop aligned technology enablement strategies in medical imaging.
- Work with Ascension Technologies leaders to develop standard processes and workflows within the program.
- Create methodology to oversee technology program for medical imaging and develop new controls aimed at improving the quality and efficacy of deliverables.
- Collaborate with medical imaging technology applications teams to ensure key strategic alignment.
- Coordinate with all Ascension markets for consistent change/transformation management, communication and organizational readiness within the program
- Analyze the current state of existing business processes and develop strategic plans to improve future state that aligns with Ascension Technologies goals and objectives.
- Consult executive leadership on organizational improvements and provide awareness to leadership on program management and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate and coordinate activities to lead and manage other Ascension Technologies groups during key initiatives and projects through consensus building, mediation, project planning, and debriefs.
- Maintain solid technical competence for medical imaging technology while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported systems.
- Ensure all barriers to timely completion of assigned projects are identified and appropriately resolved in accordance with standard project management methodologies
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-5 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of complex project and program management experience preferred
- 5 years progressive leadership experience in information systems while in healthcare organizations.
- Experience and expertise with medical imaging technology and platforms in the clinical setting.
- Experience in leading / managing large scale, complex healthcare implementations.
- Experience leveraging vendor solutions from medical imaging technology vendors
- Large system healthcare experience is preferred.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.