Responsible for discovering, evaluating and co-developing innovative technologies (products, services, consumer experiences) to step-change the growth of the Walgreens/Boots Owned Brand Healthcare business to drive masterbrand equity as innovative health and wellbeing companies offering consumers accessible value & quality. Makes Owned Brand a destination brand for healthcare and wellness by creating consumer insight-led, differentiated Owned Brand offerings. Drives volume, sales & profits in line with 3-year plan. Accountable for delivering breakthrough innovation for the Global Owned Brand Healthcare business, to contribute to the growth ambition of +30% by 2025.
- Responsible for scouting technology opportunities that enable innovation in consumer healthcare and non-drug condition management (medical devices, supplements, homeopathy, etc.) across different platforms: product, digital technology, services, 360 degree ecosystems, big data and new business models.
- Discover, evaluate and work with partners to develop new technologies for healthcare innovation.
- Develops and leverages strategic external partnerships to create differentiated products and services that can be launched globally across Boots and Walgreens Healthcare brands.
- Scan current and future technology and knowhow across the globe to create technical insight that informs healthcare technology roadmaps.
- Use deep technical expertise to undertake due diligence and translate new science/technology so the business can evaluate the potential commercial opportunity.
- Ensures stakeholder alignment to innovation priorities and project plans.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance
Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle,
Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in product research, development, and/or innovation OR High school diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in product research, development, and/or innovation
- Broad technical understanding of the OTC and wider consumer health and wellness categories with knowledge of global medicines, medical devices, food and dietary supplement, cosmetic and biocide regulations as appropriate.
- Track record of delivering value through consumer insight-driven innovation and in building partner relationships with innovative organizations (academia, start-ups, supplier partners).
- Good financial acumen to ensure concepts can be brought to life as value-accretive business opportunities.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and ability to work effectively with diverse teams and external partners
- At least 1 year of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Established and proven record in Science / Technology delivery with 5+ years experience across research, development and/or product innovation roles in CPG or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience working with innovation incubators and consulting partners.
- Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience working in international markets, in particular the US and UK markets.
- Experience working for a leading over-the-counter (OTC) or Wellness company.
- Experience delivering value through consumer insight-driven innovation.