Trading Systems Business Analyst
Connamara Systems is seeking a Trading Systems Business Analyst to add to our dynamic team. Rather than being anchored by routine or burdened with a microscopic focus, you will be working with a wide range of solutions for clients in the financial industry. Ultimately you will be responsible for managing development and automated testing of trading applications, and managing communication with clients and engineers throughout the development lifecycle. We seek smart people with a passion for technology, first and foremost. We are willing to provide training to the right candidate; interested candidates at all experience levels are encouraged to apply.
A successful candidate must be eager to learn and willing to solve complex software problems. We have applications in production that span technologies including C++, Java, C#, Erlang and Ruby/Rails. These applications include user interfaces, high-frequency trading platforms, risk management systems, exchange matching engines, market data and order routing adapters.
At Connamara, we highly value work/life balance and are looking for a team member who feels the same way. You won’t be asked to work crushing hours, but will be able to maintain a flexible schedule. While we expect a high degree of energy and quality output, we also believe in having a good time. Workplace benefits include an office near CTA and Metra transit options in the Loop, access to free food of your choosing, bike storage and more. Traditional compensation and benefits include:
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – fully paid by employer
- 20 days paid time off per year
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program
Connamara Systems, located in the Chicago financial district, is an established leader in financial technology with over twenty years of experience. We create large scale, complex trading and risk management solutions for our clients through the use of agile development methodologies. Our clients include top proprietary trading firms, brokers, and exchanges from Wall Street to LaSalle Street to the City of London.
Skills & Requirements
- Undergraduate Degree required; CS, Engineering, or Math experience a plus
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and convey solutions in a test
- Ability to communicate well with business stakeholders and software engineers
- Desire to solve interesting problems and learn about new technologies
- Programming experience a plus
- Financial experience a plus
- Test Driven Development (TDD) a plus
- FIX Protocol experience a plus