Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Core Products and Delivery team within Payment Services, Global Products and Partnerships division is responsible for developing, managing and implementing advanced payment products across Discover Financial Services.
The transit-specific products being managed and implemented are based on technologies such as EMV, Contactless (i.e. NFC), and QR Code. The payment technologies broadly impact the payment ecosystem from card issuing to merchant acquiring.
Responsible for leading strategic and ongoing activities for all payments for product development and delivery. Works closely with business partners to identify market requirements to be incorporated into the product, and will provide support to the sales teams as they promote our products and services to clients. Responsible for managing activities with external consultants, terminal manufacturers, card manufacturers, personalization bureaus, testing labs, and test-tool vendors to help enable support. Will also play a significant role in influencing our transit program product strategy, product roadmap, and implementation priorities.
- Ensures transit product development & implementation goals are met by creating/managing a clear strategy and implementation prioritization for the region, and by providing SME support to internal and external partners to deliver against the strategy.
- Responsible for product delivery approach for region across key business partners, and manages clear communications around progress against strategy.
- Evaluate and consider market and competitive trends on product feature set and policies
- Partner with technology and cross-functional business stakeholders to set, prioritize and deliver shared business goals
- Communicates overall program status and key work streams/projects to all levels within the organization and with external partners
- Manages relationships with internal and external partners to ensure all teams are aligned on transit program strategy, goals, success, and blockers
- Helps establish a standard operating model and implement best-practices for transit delivery - scale, automate, and create repeatable processes
- Manages relationships with DFS partners to ensure the product delivery processes are effective.
- Sets regional priorities for incentives and ensures tracking to incentive goals.
- Identifies opportunities to deliver training or provides other regionally specific support materials such as client-facing presentations.
- Represents DFS at industry and client events (such as EMVCo), and prepares and delivers SME-level presentations to all levels of internal and external management.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in the Payments Industry, Product Management/Delivery, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Successfully led and implemented large, business critical projects, with a large number of work group members and large budget.
- Proven track record in managing multiple transit partners / vendor relationships simultaneously; must possess excellent client management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build reliable working relationships within the network, the company and with our partners
- Prior open loop transit payment product development or implementation experience within a transit agency, transit integrator, or as a consultant.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.