Unified Communications Specialist
The Team: Fuelling the technologies that drive our products and support our company’s infrastructure, the Technology team consists of talented developers, network architects, and IT experts who help make technology one of Morningstar’s core strengths. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications, to software as a service (SaaS), we push technology’s boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The Role: You will be responsible for implementing and supporting our Unified Communications systems. Collaborating with our audio-visual and voice communications teams, you will own and manage the implementation and support of our UC systems across a wide variety of configurations. You will be expected to proactively provide training and documentation for our global employees. You will maintain and evolve standards including regular upgrades. You will provide investigation and diagnostic testing of our UC systems for Morningstar’s corporate location in Chicago as well as required by our global offices worldwide. This role reports to the Voice Communications and Contact Center Systems Manager and is based in our Chicago office.
- Work with stakeholders to maintain and improve Morningstar’s global Unified communications process
- Provide technical leadership in respect to the design, architecture and development of our UC
- Standardise and globalise messaging systems considering both global and regional needs
- Contribute to the roadmap for continuous improvement, evolution and suitable replacement when/where necessary, of the messaging systems employed within Morningstar
- Manage infrastructure projects or tasks (upgrades, migrations, maintenance, and new technology) to completion with minimal supervision
- Identify, Isolate and resolve complex voice and video problems to mitigate business impact
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices
- Provide and maintain detailed UC documentation for employees and support team
- Create and conduct effective training sessions for our global employees
- Execute performance and statistical monitoring and develop procedures and best practices to improve overall environment
- Collaborates with IT partners to administer and support infrastructure environments and define the overall support process
- Educated to degree level with 3 years or more experience, specializing in the UC field
- Previous customer training experience is essential
- Knowledge and experience with vendor management
- Working knowledge of multiple UC and voice technologies would be an advantage
- Excellent customer service and logistical skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage workload and work independently
- Must be proactive with the ability to multi-task and prioritize along with having a flexible attitude to meet tight deadlines.
If you’re interested in this position, please submit your application.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity