VENDOR MANAGER OFFICE - DIGITAL SERVICE DELIVERY ANALYST II at Caterpillar
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for a talented and motivated digital vendor service delivery analyst to help maximize the value of the product and the work of the Vendor Management Team.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We’re generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
Role Overview / Job Description: This is a Digital Vendor Management Office service level management position responsible to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of one or more internal or contracted information technology services for which the incumbent has aspects of clear ownership and daily accountability. The incumbent provides guidance and results review through standards of measurements to ensure customer quality needs are met and programs are effectively implemented and maintained.
Job Responsibilities May Include But Not Limited To:
- Proactively identifying and managing issue resolution between vendor service provider and Cat Digital or other BU teams
- Liaison between Caterpillar functional leads or other internal teams and vendor for tools used by vendor
- Assist with global and regional issues and escalations
- Monitors service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and depending upon scope of work
- Through the digital business relationship facing organization, may engage with business partners and facilities to address issues and possible new business demand
- Periodically review standard operating procedures or contractual reporting requirements and provide updates and improvements
- Drive improvements to documentation and procedures as needed
- Represent Caterpillar on critical incident (P1) and other issue escalation and ensure coordinate priority user issue resolution
- Assist with internal Cat Digital SM reporting
- Provide support for knowledge management related activities as needed
- Analyzing actual spend to measure and identify cost variances from contract
- Producing dashboards to report overall financial performance and business unit charge data
- Producing performance dashboards to show Caterpillar cost vs. benchmark
- Communicating metrics and performance reports to the business and the digital organization via defined channels
- Tracking and measuring price versus volume of spend to identify opportunities for volume discounts
- Managing a repository of in-scope contractual related documentation
- Monitoring change orders and contract updates to ensure compliance and completion
- Producing assessments to identify risks in contracts and recommendations for mitigation or avoidance, contracting support, performance monitoring, and vendor development and decommissioning. This role also monitors to ensure the scope of services achieve and maintain compliance to, national and international standards, as appropriate, and to internal policies, including those relating to sustainability, security, SOX, and digital Internal Controls.
The incumbent participates in the global delivery team with focus on providing consistent enterprise service. This includes participation in pre negotiation planning, implementation and monitoring of service level agreements, and the ongoing management of operational aspects to provide the agreed levels of service. Participates in various update and governance meetings.
In conjunction with the digital service level managers, digital operations, and business units, works to have an understanding of their operations while anticipating process partner needs with high priority to Caterpillar business partner satisfaction and service. Develops collaborative relationships and provides peer expertise, technical guidance to other service level analysts. Where applicable to the engagement, coordinates and manages awareness programs and services to minimize the effects of business disruptions in a cost effective manner.
This position may brief service level managers and digital Product or Service owners on status of issues affecting operations. An understanding and application of digital service level management in different cultures, working across different countries, and experience in an international environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position or more than 5 years’ experience.
- Certified Technology Procurement Specialist (CTPS) Certification required
- Experience in large enterprise services delivery organizations.
- Prior experience working with IT vendors preferred. Practical business relationship management skills.
- Practical digital service level management experience.
- The position requires company knowledge in order to support the Cat Digital organization.
- Prior experience in supplier selection process, defining statements of work, working with 3rd party software or services in one or more areas of digital required.
- Project management (Six Sigma Black Belt/Green Belt) experience and/or purchasing experience strongly desired.
- Good human relations skills are required skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- Locations for this role will be in Peoria, IL or Chicago, IL
- Travel for this role is minimal but will be up to 20%
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.