Vice President, Quality and Compliance
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Vice President of Quality and Compliance is responsible for the strategic vision for all quality management (QA/QC) and compliance operations at GTI’s thirteen cultivation and production facilities. Specifically, the VP of Quality and Compliance will play a key role in leading GTI’s quality assurance policies and standard operating procedures and ensure compliance with all GTI standard operating procedures and applicable federal, state, county, and municipal laws, regulations, ordinances, and regulations.
This role may be based in either our Chicago headquarters, or in one of our production facilities. Significant travel (50%) is required.
- Provide vision and direction for quality assurance, quality control, regulatory compliance, and standard operating procedures across the organization.
- Lead a geographically dispersed team of Quality and Compliance Managers, monitor manager performance, and provide regular regulatory updates and performance feedback to help managers succeed at the local level.
- Stay up to date with changes to cannabis industry rules and regulations at municipal, state, and federal levels.
- Direct and lead implementation of GTI’s policies, procedures, and best practices to promote compliance.
- Guide and direct company-wide standards around sanitation and quality control practices that ensure the safety and quality of cannabis products, including purity, consistency and efficacy.
- Proactively deploy processes to prevent quality defects. Develop and continuously improve all requisite QA/QC programs including, but not limited to GMPs, HACCP, SPC, allergen management, sanitation, etc….
- Support and monitor ongoing cannabis product complaint investigations. Ability to perform root cause analysis, deploy countermeasures and to manage investigations and recall procedures.
- Review and progressively update programs, processes and SOPs to comply with changing regulations.
- Provide updates on regulatory compliance and quality control procedures to the SVP of Supply Chain Operations, Legal, CEO, and other key stakeholders.
- Minimum 10 years of QA/QC experience in a regulated production organization. FDA competency is a must. Cannabis experience is a plus.
- At least 5-7 years of progressive leadership responsibility with a proven track record of building and developing QA/QC processes and systems.
- SQF, ISO, GMP or similar certification experience preferred.
- Experience in the development of a comprehensive QMS in a start-up or rapidly growing dynamic business environment.
- Regulatory management experience and understanding. Comfortable engaging and communicating with regulators and inspectors.
- Unassailable integrity and ethics
- Ability to deliver specific organizational goals and effectively develop, grow and manage a diverse multisite team to achieve objectives.
- Track record of engaging teams and creating a collaborative QA/QC culture.
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description