Quality & Food Safety (QFS) Supervisor
Shift: Saturday, Monday - Thursday
Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Location: 5370 South Cicero Avenue, Chicago, IL 60638
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. Forget open-door policies; we have an open layout where you can hear and see everything that’s going on.
And just like our open layout, we value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: https://www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge
About the Quality & Food Safety (QFS) Supervisor job:
As the Quality & Food Safety (QFS) Supervisor, your job is to ensure that the delicious food we’re producing in our kitchen meets our high quality standards and is safe for our consumers. Your work will result in strong and sustained trust with our consumers, who rely on Farmer’s Fridge for delicious, healthy, and safe meals!
- You will manage the QFS and Sanitation Teams and collaborate with Production to ensure that our products meet food safety standards and customer expectations.
- As the QFS Supervisor, you will take pride in always looking for ways to improve quality and safety; searching for root cause problems and brainstorming solutions.
- You will foster positive relations with the Production, Warehouse and People teams.
- Success will be measured by customer feedback and health inspection findings.
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- 3+ years management experience in food manufacturing
- Bachelor degree in food science/food safety
- Reliable. You take personal pride in being dependable. You understand the importance of your job and ensure that your duties are always completed on time and to the best of your ability. You proactively identify, communicate and resolve problems.
- Integrity. Being a square is a badge of honor for you. You don’t cut corners; this is quality and safety and must be taken seriously.
- Deeply Caring. You are passionate about the mission of making fresh, healthy food accessible. You understand how your role directly contributes to achieving the Farmer’s Fridge mission.
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Professional development opportunities
- Clarity Breaks. We encourage you to step away from your routine to reflect on your work strategy and top priorities
- Volunteer Opportunities. We love to engage with our community and participate in events that are aligned with our mission
- Sports Leagues. Fueling teamwork and collaboration with a healthy dose of fun competition
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below:
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application. Thanks for your interest in Farmer’s Fridge!