Sales Development Representative
At SilkRoad, it's all about the employees! We're all about flexibility and growth - yours and ours. This is the opportunity to build your career with a leader. At SilkRoad, you will play an important role in our success while working in a great environment that's loaded with talented professionals. This is your opportunity to join us!
SilkRoad is seeking an Sales Development Representative to generate new leads and contribute to the growth of the sales pipeline. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Identifies and contacts prospective clients to build the pipeline through a variety of methods including, but not limited to cold-calling, emailing, and mass email campaigns. Approximately 60% of time spent will be on the phones prospecting.
- Achieves department standards for activity that includes:
- Making a minimum number of quality outbound calls per day, of which a least 20% of those calls should result in quality conversations.
- Scheduling a minimum number of new quality discovery calls per week.
- Diligently and relentlessly follows-up on inbound leads to immediately engage with interested prospects.
- Quickly learns SilkRoad's Lifesuite products and demonstrates appropriate level knowledge in order to introduce human capital technical solutions to prospective clients.
- Documents all prospecting activities in CRM (Salesforce.com) and provides required BANT (Budget, Authority, Need, Timeline) information into each discovery call.
- Collaborates with the sales and marketing teams to develop prospecting plays designed to increase pipeline.
- Successfully manages time to ensure profiling, adding, and updating accounts and contacts daily, consistent follow-ups with prospects, while still meeting/exceeding minimum department requirements.
- Must demonstrate strong working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and problem resolution abilities.
- Strong computer/technology skills including MS Office applications and internet.
- Ability to develop and achieve professional goals.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to compete and succeed.
- Ability to develop new leads and new business opportunities.
- Ability to quickly form and maintain positive business relationships while handling rejection professionally.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in a related field of study is preferred.
- 1 year of account development or inside sales experience for software products and/or services is preferred.
- 1 year of experience in prospecting and sales lead generation is preferred.
- 1 year of experience developing and managing a sales territory and pipeline is preferred.
- Previous experience using a CRM tool; Salesforce.com is strongly preferred and will take precedence over other CRM experience.