Account Coordinator at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL)
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo is seeking an Account Coordinator in our Sales department. The Account Coordinator will manage the accounts receivables for a portfolio of accounts, focusing on resolving outstanding issues and reducing the aged receivables.
- Ensure outstanding service by understanding and exceeding client expectations
- Reduce the aged receivables for your portfolio
- Work with sales and clients on issues such as pricing discrepancies, claims issues, and client questions.
- Run daily, weekly, and monthly reports for management
- Assist team members with their portfolio as needed
- Determine accounts that are uncollectable, recommending they be placed with an outside collection agency
- Answer inbound calls daily and respond to A/R incoming emails
- Process customers credit card and e-check payments
- Collections experience preferred
- High School Diploma, some college preferred
- High level of customer service skills
- Can display a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.