Account Executive - Chicago at Paylocity
The Human Capital Management (HCM) Account Executive at Paylocity work in a fast-paced business environment that is very competitive and quota-driven, targeting medium-sized companies. The best Human Capital Management (HCM) Account Executive are hunters, capable of creating their own activity and constantly looking for that next sale. A strong predictor of success for a Human Capital Management (HCM) Account Executive is someone who incorporates a consultative approach to their sales technique, has exceptional good prospective skills, the ability to be persistent (but not pushy), and has a passion for what is being sold!
What You’ll Do:
- Determine prospective customers’ needs for Payroll, Human Resources and more, then presenting Paylocity services to meet those needs.
- Prepare and present proposals and provide appropriate follow-up throughout the sales process.
- Complete and obtain documentation required for the conversion of data from their previous payroll provider to the Paylocity system. Work directly with internal departments to insure the client has a smooth transition to their new payroll provider.
- Maintain contact with existing customers to determine needs for additional services.
- Using initiative, develop prospects through cold calling, referrals, professional and personal contacts and other sources.
- Attend Paylocity-sponsored trade shows, conferences and other Paylocity-sponsored events to promote services
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales quota for your territory.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Offer:
- Ongoing, first-class sales and product training on Paylocity processes and products
- Fantastic leaders and mentors – true industry experts - to set you up for success
- Competitive salary, uncapped commissions and incentive opportunities
- Huge potential in a growing salesforce
What you bring:
- 2-5 years of experience in a quota-driven, business-to-business sales position
- Proven ability with sales prospecting and closing
- Ability to succeed in a competitive environment
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills required in order to handle objections and unexpected situations that may arise throughout the sales cycle
- Customer service orientation - the client ALWAYS comes first
- Strong presentation skills to effectively represent Paylocity and allow the client to visualize the benefits of our services
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong listening skills to probe further into clients’ needs and expectations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and the Internet: experience with sales automation software desirable
- College degree strongly desired