Account Executive | Client Development at Cappex
Base ($50,000) + uncapped commissions will result in expected first year earnings of $100,000.
Founded in 2006, Cappex has focused on helping students discover and connect with colleges across the country and billions of dollars in available scholarships. Cappex has helped over 11 million students make better college decisions and more than 1,000 colleges reach their enrollment goals. We are dedicated to helping students find their best-fit college and achieve their higher education dreams.
Our sales team works with college and university admissions leaders such as Deans and Vice Presidents. We back up our leading products and services with 10 years of success and we are always looking for talented AE's for our Client Development Team, who will be managing a book of clients, growing that book through building relationships and upselling those existing accounts.
- Cultivate strong relationships with college administrators.
- Prospect, conduct compelling sales presentations, and sell to admissions accounts (20% travel required) to meet and exceed target goals.
- Use a consultative, strategic sales approach to build relationships with college admissions officials (the client) and most importantly - close deals!
- Earn uncapped commissions and full benefits.
- Be provided with all the resources you need to succeed including access to Salesforce.com. Moreover, we have a formal training program so that you feel comfortable with the product and the pitch before you begin calling clients, and your manager is fully invested in your success on an ongoing basis.
- Have full autonomy over your geographical territory.
- Join and share knowledge with a collaborative, dynamic sales team!
Our successful sales team:
- Has a proven successful background of at least two years in selling, including cold calling & prospecting, relationship development, presentation, and closing.
- Are great communicators. They are passionate, helpful, and trustworthy.
- Are driven to succeed and share our great services
- Are proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products and quickly learn Salesforce.com
- Has either a sales/marketing degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Are based in our downtown Chicago office right next to the Willis (Sears) Tower
This is a great position for someone who's a proven winner in a sales role and is motivated to make a difference in a growing company. The ideal candidate will be driven to succeed in a fast paced environment, feels comfortable thinking creatively, and has an ownership mindset. We live our mission and it shows!
Our leading products and services include student interest leads to colleges, our first generation college student recruiting solution (College Greenlight) & various marketing & recruitment solutions used to connect Colleges with our Cappex HS students & counselors.
We offer comprehensive benefits for health and retirement as well as go the extra mile for our people through company outings and a paid week off between Christmas and New Years!
To express interest, complete our short application with resume on our website. Also include a cover letter letting us know your passion for what we do and how your past experience will lead to success. Experienced candidates only please.
Equal Opportunity Employer