Account Executive, Enterprise at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere.
We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a dynamic and adaptable Account Executive to join our Sales team and work to sign prospective employer partners.
At PerkSpot, we’re proud to extend benefits and perks to a robust client base. As an AE for our Enterprise Direct business, you’ll work to source and sign on new employer clients, as well as engage and convert marketing-driven inbound leads. Through research, sourcing, and building relationships, you’ll manage the sales process and eventually close deals for your assigned territory. Your work will serve to grow the PerkSpot footprint, yes, but ultimately provide exclusive perks and deals to a growing number of users throughout the country.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Sales Team
Our Sales team is comprised of outgoing, proactive individuals who are proud to function as PerkSpot’s main brand ambassadors. In collaboration with other AEs, Sales Managers, and Client Success Managers, you will conduct research within your prospect territory to initiate conversations with eligible employers. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone with sales experience to establish themselves within a high-growth company.
Life as an Account Executive, Enterprise Direct:
- Familiarizing yourself with a defined geographic territory of 400 accounts
- Prospecting the territory to source the main point of contact, initiate conversations, and hold product demos
- Meeting or exceeding relevant KPIs (new clients added, new members added, etc.)
- Following PerkSpot’s defined sales processes for qualified leads, through to contract signing and completion
- Delivering proposals and contracts; overseeing negotiations, including contract redlines
- Working with Sales Onboarding and Client Success teams on pre-closing calls with key prospect stakeholders
- Working with team leadership to optimize PerkSpot’s sales process for the better
- Attending regular team and staff meetings to go over company goals, success benchmarks, and sales strategies
- Constantly think of ways to make the PerkSpot experience better and more effective for its customers
What we’re looking for:
- At least 1-3 years of experience in a full-cycle sales role, ideally within B2B, enterprise clients
- Proven knowledge in sales; must be well-versed in prospecting, selling, and negotiating
- Past success meeting or exceeding monthly and quarterly KPIs
- Experience using Salesforce preferred
- Strong communication skills, with a self-disciplined attitude
- Ability to manage your own workload - there are no micromanagers on the sales team!
- Ability to multitask and manage your own deadlines
- Curious, positive, and organized mindset
- Flexibility to travel within sales territory as needed - once it’s safe to do so, of course
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork - when one of us succeeds, we all do!
- Positive attitude and a thoughtful approach to business development and contract negotiation
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
- Desire to learn and grow - if you’re looking to expand your enterprise sales experience, this is your chance!
Your First Few Months
During your first month, our Sales Manager and the rest of the team will teach you our sales process - how the product works, how we prospect, and how we nurture our leads. Then, you’ll begin training, where you’ll shadow our team of AEs and watch them close deals. All of this learning will come in handy as you begin to take leads and build relationships of your own, eventually seeing these leads through to signing their contracts. We’ll have you meeting KPIs and crushing our sales numbers in no time!
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.