Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven, tech-savvy Growth Account Executive with strong business acumen to join our Agency Sales team. As a Growth Account Executive, your role will be focused on generating new business from existing clients as their product specialist, identifying opportunities for upselling, and increasing individual account values. Ideally, you will be equally driven by a customer-centric mentality as well as a desire to close new business.
Joining the Agency sales team is an opportunity to strengthen your career in sales. You should have a track record of overachieving against defined metrics while working in a fast-paced environment. Contributing at a high level as a Growth Account Executive will open opportunities to propel your career through our growing Sales organization.
Our Sales team works with over 25,000 brands worldwide including the Chicago Bulls, Tuft & Needle, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2+ years of closing experience in B2B sales
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Outbound sales experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Growth Sales to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of Sprout’s Growth Sales team by shadowing team members, listening to recorded customer calls and working closely with our dedicated Enablement Manager.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Outbound to your book of business and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders.
- Understand where we can expand our offerings by expansion into new business units or increasing utilization of our platform with existing users.
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota attainment.
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your clients’ brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Have built solid relationships at the C-Level with your “book of business".
- Represent Sprout at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
- Consistently achieve your revenue targets.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the organization and helps others grow from your experiences.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer and customer feedback.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, and advocacy solutions to more than 25,000 brands and agencies worldwide. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and building elegant, sophisticated software. Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Chicago, we are a team of 700 people located across more than 25 cities worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in Chicago, Sprout has offices in Seattle and Dublin.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.