Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Indiana University, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Subaru. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven, outgoing and tech-savvy Account Executive with strong business acumen to join our expanding Growth sales team.
As an Account Executive, your role will be focused on generating new business from existing clients in our mid tier as their product specialist, identifying opportunities for up-selling, and increasing individual account values. Additionally, you will partner closely with our Account Management team who will transfer qualified opportunities into your book. Ideally, you will be equally driven by a customer-centric mentality as well as a desire to close new business.
Joining the Growth team is an opportunity to flex your skills in both Customer Success and Sales. Contributing at a high level in the Account Executive role will open opportunities to move throughout our growing organization.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2+ years of closing experience in B2B sales, social media experience is a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM platform
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Proven track record of success within inside sales or account management, preferably with a SaaS company
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email and webinar
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Growth to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of Sprout’s Growth team by shadowing team members, listening to recorded customer calls and working closely with our dedicated Enablement Manager.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Outbound to your book of business and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders.
- Understand where we can expand our offerings by expansion into new business units or increasing utilization of our platform with existing users.
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota retirement.
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your clients brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Have built solid relationships at the C-Level with your “book of business".
- Represent Sprout at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the organization and helps others grow from your experiences.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
- Consistently achieve your revenue targets.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer and customer feedback.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.