Account Executive - Large Law at Litera
Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving more than 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recognized as one of the best places to work, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: The Account Executive is responsible for selling the full suite of Litera’s solutions to drive new revenue. This is a high impact position that contributes to Litera’s overall growth by delivering sales results within a defined territory through influence, relationship-building, and value-based selling. An Account Executive at Litera will work with other Litera team members to build and cultivate relationships to identify and execute on new growth opportunities, including substantial expansion within current clients. Account Executives are expected to manage the deal process, from discovery through close. Litera believes in customer-centric growth. What matters is that our customers understand and realize the value of Litera’s solutions.
A Day in the Life:
- Earn credibility as a trusted advisor for key contacts within each firm in your territory
- Actively listen, understand customer objectives, and articulate relevant technology and business trends and benefits
- Represent Litera at events to influence sales opportunities
- Work cross-functionally to develop a territory plan and sales initiatives to grow the business within each firm
- Build and cultivate customer relationships at multiple levels at law firms
- Manage sales pipeline and provides timely and accurate sales forecasts
- Maintain accurate records of all prospecting and sales activities within the company’s systems, including Salesforce
Within 1 Month, You Will:
- Complete new hire onboarding including eLearning courses, instructor led training, role specific mentorship and more
- Begin outreach to build and cultivate customer relationships with CIOs, Managing Partners, IT Directors, Individual Partners, as well as key stakeholders in the business side of a law firm (BD, Marketing, LegalOps etc.)
- Be prepared to effectively manage all steps in the sales process and track progress in CRM system
- Learn best practices, processes, and business tools used including Salesforce and Microsoft Outlook
- Be executing on a strategic territory growth plan, built in collaboration with your manager
- Feel confident to create and deliver presentations, proposals, and product demonstrations with support from Pre-Sales and other team members
- Know how to effectively prospect to create new revenue opportunities
- Be well-versed in how to coordinate with internal teams including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales Engineering to support selling activities
- Complete sales activities with a high degree of independence and seek direction from management as required for complex issues
- Work new sales opportunities from beginning to end, resulting in new business
- Create innovative outreach approaches
- Participate in bi-annual performance review process
- You have a strong desire to learn new technologies in a fast moving company
- You are keen on organization, getting things done, and routinely meet metric-based and quota goals
- Comfortable with a quickly changing environment
- Thrive on open transparency, communication, and collaboration internally and externally
- Travel is required (when safe and appropriate)
- A strong desire to keep learning new things!
- 3+ years experience selling to large enterprises
- Experience of working with or for law firms preferred (not required)
What Sets Us Apart?
- Have direct contact and work directly with our upper management team
- Work with a team that has a proven track record year after year
- You will be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills
- Regular social & philanthropic events
- Access to personal development courses and tools in our internal learning management system
- Great health benefits, PTO and holiday policies, & more!