Account Executive - Retail at SPINS LLC
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
SPINS is a data provider specializing in wellness. We’re experiencing rapid growth. In this role, you’ll be recruiting new retailers to join the SPINS network. This division is crucial to our growth and has high visibility to executive leadership- you’ll be able to make a direct impact on our organizational success.
You’d be joining a collaborative and agile team- we’re a bit like a start-up within an established company with over 20 years of industry leading experience. This position will allow you to take ownership of the entire sales cycle, have the freedom to think outside of the box, and award the ability to grow professionally.
We’re looking for a determined salesperson with a positive attitude- someone who can uncover business goals and initiatives, and clearly articulate impactful solutions.
What You Will Do
- Meet/exceed annual targets by signing new partnerships agreements
- Leverage consumer insights and partner with retailers to develop winning joint business plans
- Conduct compelling and engaging product demonstrations in person and via web
- Work with cross functional team of sales, customer success, marketing, and operations
- Personally create new leads from prospecting efforts and assist others
- Qualify leads & sales opportunities
- Leverage business from new & established relationships
- Strategize, negotiate & close business
- Create genuine value for clients to help grow SPINS’ capabilities and positive reputation
- Use Salesforce to continuously update and maintain active deals for pipeline management, daily activity and sales forecasting
- Flourish with change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
- Attend trade shows and conferences to represent the SPINS’ brand.
What You Bring
Education and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of two years sales experience required, preferably selling to “cold leads”
- Prospecting Skills, Solution Selling Ability
- Consultative selling experience
- Assertive hunter mentality adept in identifying and winning new business
- Strong intellectual curiosity to uncover why buyers will buy and how to leverage that information
- Highly effective communication skills that convey professionalism in all written, verbal and virtual meetings
- Proficient working with MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.