The Account Executive will be responsible for managing the relationship, client strategy, growth strategy, engagement plan, and overall value delivered to a set of named accounts. The Account Executive is the client facing individual who will be responsible for creating the client strategy to determine how to best align Syndigo's solution to help clients achieve their larger strategic initiatives.
The Account Executive will work directly with the primary contact and executive sponsor at each organization to create an account plan focused on value demonstration and delivery to each client's needs. The role is focused on institution-wide engagement to ensure client renewals and growth by embedding into our client's business process. The Account Executive will work closely with client relations and customer service to ensure all needs are met and expectations are exceeded for each specific client.
This role will be based in Syndigo’s Chicago Loop office, Cleveland (downtown) office, or Nashville office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain institutional relationships through a consultative sales process
- Manage the diagnosis of client business needs, on an individual client and industry segment level, and lead the creation of annual service strategies to deliver tailored service and value to executives in a timely manner
- Create customized account plans for each institution, outlining service delivery and CV growth strategies for existing and potential relationships within an institution.
- Lead strategic negotiation of Syndigo contracts to best align service options to business needs
- Discuss cutting edge strategic initiatives with an executive-level audience within each client
- Understand the changing business terrain that clients face
- Diagnose and engage the largest risk segment with named accounts and devise a resolution strategy
- Manage the renewal and sales process through the attainment of annual revenue goals
- Excel in knowledge of Syndigo's solution offerings in order to align client with appropriate support resources
- Partners with the team to build and execute upon long-term client engagement plans
- Partners with the Executive Team to bring new product development, client engagement, and competitive intelligence strategies to the larger team
- Navigate Syndigo's solution on behalf of the client, ensuring the appropriate solution is provided to meet a client's problems.
- Educate clients on the benefits of Syndigo's solution through articulation of Syndigo's value proposition.
- Utilize existing client relationships to navigate within an institution and generate/contact growth leads.
- 3 - 5 years B2B sales experience; proven ability to identify and develop new business with prospects and existing accounts, build/maintain relationships with the decision makers
- Experience in selling services, with database or syndicated data a plus
- Demonstrated record of success at both large, complex organizations and in mid-sized environments
- Strong relationship building and inter-personal skills with the ability and executive poise to interface at all levels of management
- High degree of comfort with technology and use of databases and syndicated type data
- Proven track record of developing industry relationships with clients and peers, vendors and business partners
- Organization and time management skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills at all levels; ability to pull together compelling sales presentations and proposals
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)