Who We Are:
Named a Best Workplace for the third straight year, Smokeball was founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn’t simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
What We Need:
We are seeking highly motivated, ambitious SaaS Account Executives that are looking to make a significant impact on our growing business while setting themselves up for long-term career success. This position is designed for hunters – we’re looking for proven, self-starting reps with experience in the SMB market who take it upon themselves to bring in 80% of their business on their own, through consistent targeted outreach. Over the course of a week your responsibilities could include:
- Prospecting for potential clients and leveraging outreach strategies in consistent blocks
- Leading with insight and delivering commercial teachings that inform better bottom-line outcomes
- Scheduling/presenting demos of our platform across multiple stakeholder functions
- Building a positive relationship with prospects and closing new clients
- Attending industry events to promote and sell Smokeball
Who You Are:
At Smokeball, we believe that creating and fostering a great culture is just as important as providing a great product. We don’t have Core Values for show, we live and breathe them every day.
- Caring is not optional
- Make it happen
- Deliver legendary service
- Innovate for the client, not the press release
- Be frank
- Keep listening, keep learning
These values inform every strategic decision we make and guide our behavior with every person we meet. When we’re bringing new team members into the SB Family, we look for compassion, drive, keen judgement, varied perspectives, and no egos. Does this describe you? Keep reading.
What You Bring:
- 3+ years’ experience in SaaS sales (small to mid-size businesses preferred)
- Proven ability to consistently hit prospecting and revenue numbers
- Strong consultative and discovery skills with the ability to find problems and build powerful business cases
- A structured approach to daily cadence, KPI’s, and the ability to adopt proven frameworks
- Experience selling to law firms or professional services industries is a plus
- A hunger for improving and a passion for SaaS sales
- Familiarity with Salesforce, GoToMeeting, Zoom, Slack
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially as it relates to technology
- Culture: Crain’s 2021, 2020, & 2019 Best Workplaces, Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces
- Work-Life Balance: 20 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time
- Benefits: Flexible working arrangements, 401(k) match, gym reimbursement, generous parental leave
- Massages: Free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist (in non-COVID times)
- Kitchens: Stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages
- Happy Hours: In the office, at fun bars in the area, and virtually.
- Games: Ping-pong, billiards, pinball, board games, video games, etc.
- Transit: We’re located in the heart of downtown Chicago, in walking distance from all major modes of transportation.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Smokeball:
At Smokeball, we believe that “caring is not optional.” We respect everyone, no matter who they are, what they look like, who they love, where they come from, how they identify, what they believe in, what abilities they have, or what they are trying to overcome. Smokeball is committed to utilizing community partnerships, education, events, and hiring to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for everyone we interact with.
*Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an open, welcoming environment for everyone.