Who We Are
For 20+ years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
We are searching for an individual who has experience and or a passion for working in the Natural, Organic, Health & Wellness industry and will enable provide valuable insights and solutions to drive sales. The Account Executive is a major contributor to SPINS overall growth and profitability. This successful deal closer is responsible for driving revenue growth by identifying, and prospecting strategic client relationships.
The hands-on role requires a strong focus on positioning SPINS Solution Suites – data subscriptions, consulting services, and digital solutions. The ideal Account Executive will help to accelerate SPINS products & services and cultivate new business development. This role will close transactions with clients based on a core set of SPINS solutions, and then harness and coordinate the full value of SPINS to maximize client impact and revenue.
This position is located in Chicago and reports to the Senior Director of Sales.
The Account Executive will be responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales targets of delivered revenue, building SPINS' business and advancing SPINS business and relationships with clients. Key responsibilities include:
What You Will Do
- Cold-calling, generating new leads and prospecting accounts.
- Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into long term partnerships
- Present solutions to prospective clients
- Remain in frequent contact with the clients in your responsibility to understand their needs
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual forecasts
What You Bring
- 3+ years demonstrated outside sales experience
- Demonstrated success in strategic thinking, planning and implementation – a strong desire and track record of getting things done
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Volume based sales experience with proved metric achievements
- Effective when communicating with technical and non-technical individuals to drive understanding and inspire creativity
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software (eg. Salesforce) is a plus
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Strong ability to manage through influence
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.