Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere.
We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a dynamic and adaptable Account Executive to join our Sales team and take charge of an assigned sales territory. Through client sourcing and gaining commitment to buy, you will help to extend benefits and perks to individuals working at some of the largest companies in America.
At PerkSpot, we’re proud to extend benefits and perks to a robust client base. As an Account Executive, you will work to grow this client base; you’ll be in charge of a designated sales territory, and it will be your responsibility to pitch enterprise businesses and eventually close new clients each month. After this, you’ll work with a dedicated Client Success Manager to onboard the new client. This is an exceptional position for a dedicated sales professional to grow rapidly in their career.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from nearly 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Sales Team
Our Sales team is comprised of outgoing, proactive individuals who are proud to function as PerkSpot’s main brand ambassadors. In collaboration with other AEs, Sales Managers, and Client Success Managers, you will conduct research, hold initial discovery calls, coordinate demos, and ultimately win new business. This is an exceptional opportunity for a driven sales professional to manage their own workload and grow their career, and both our users and partners will benefit from your efforts.
This is a partially commissioned role, including a base salary range of $60-75k (based on experience) and expected earnings of $90-125k.
Life as an Account Executive:
- Winning new business for our “Cost-Free” Employee Discounts solution selling into Enterprise level businesses - that’s right, the solution you’ll be selling is free to clients, but don’t worry, these deals definitely generate revenue to the business!
- Researching and prospecting within an assigned sales territory
- Connecting with key decision makers to hold intro calls, run sales demos, and ultimately close business
- Negotiating exclusive perks on behalf of our over 15 million users, maximizing value
- Following PerkSpot’s defined sales processes through to contract signing and completion
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly goals and sales benchmarks
- Managing client relationships in collaboration with Client Success Managers and Onboarding Specialists
- Attending regular team and staff meetings to go over company goals, success benchmarks, and sales strategies
- Constantly think of ways to make the PerkSpot experience better and more effective for its customers
What we’re looking for:
- A+ Inside Sales Professionals who are looking for the perfect opportunity to make the jump into enterprise sales
- 1-5 years of B2B inside sales experience, ideally working with enterprise accounts
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor; strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce; experience with ZoomInfo a plus!
- Flexibility to travel within sales territory as needed - once it’s safe to do so, of course
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage; proactive, organized style of working
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills - ability to work both independently and within a team
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn about several diverse industries
- Positive attitude and a thoughtful approach to business development and contract negotiation
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
- Desire to learn and grow - if you’re looking to gain enterprise sales experience, this is your chance!
Your First Few Months
On the first day, we’ll begin with teaching you the sales training curriculum, so you can understand our sales process and product offerings. The Sales Manager and AEs will then work with you to define your assigned territory and map out a strategy for key prospects - with a LOT of shadowing and learning involved! From there, you’ll work with the Sales Operations team to learn the ins and outs of our tech, so you’re as informed as possible when you begin to explore your sales market, through outreach, discovery calls, and product demos. In no time, you’ll be a high-level enterprise sales professional!
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.