Hi we're Built In!
Built in is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in seven (7) major markets. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the largest network of communities for entrepreneurs. By working at Built in you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points with our Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions. We currently operate seven (7) sites: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston & Seattle. We are headquartered in Chicago.
We are now in seven (7) markets with aggressive growth plans, and need to grow our Account Executive Team. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for selling new business to Talent Acquisition leaders & Recruiters within high growth technology companies. Prior experience selling to recruiters is strongly preferred, as well as someone who is driven to surpass goals while delivering a great experience to prospects, clients and coworkers. We need someone who knows what it takes to build something from the ground up, who treats the “job” as his or her own business, and thrives on learning daily.
If you asked us to sum up the Account Executive role in 3 points, we'd say:
- Sales - Your goal is to prospect, build, grow and manage a pipeline of accounts while working with the entire team to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Build Relationships - Create new customers by cultivating relationships, and regularly setting up product demos. Travel to your market is required.
- Market Research - Acquire ongoing market intelligence by researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, and becoming an expert in the local technology community.
- Minimum 2-4 years sales experience
- HR/recruiting and/or Event Sales experience is strongly preferred
- Proven ability to establish relationships through cold outreach
- Proven track record to close deals through in-person and over the phone meetings
- Excellent understanding of sales process, forecasting and pipeline management
What We Value
- A+ player - We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Account Executive with a strong track record of high performance. The ideal candidate has a history of being entrepreneurial, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building a pipeline of new business.
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining organized, optimistic, and coachable. High energy and contagious enthusiasm helps too.
- Communication - You should have the ability to speak and write clearly & concisely. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. Your ability to present complex messages to multiple levels of an organization and probe for needs, is paramount. You should also be able to accurately read people to develop & execute an appropriate business strategy.
- Interest in the tech industry – You must be passionate about three things: (1) Startups (2) Building innovative tech products and services, and (3) Helping others. This is what we do!
- Strong Work Ethic – The job involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to prospects/customers outside of normal work hours. If you are passionate about Built in and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work. Don’t worry, we have an excellent PTO Policy!
- Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which should be easy) as well as, members our our tech community. Humility, selflessness and compassion are requirements.
- Education - We value intelligence, personality and overall fit over a degree.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation, 401(k), stock options, and benefits - We pay a really nice chunk of the cost on premiums for medical, dental, vision, and disability.
- Casual dress - Come in your sweatshirt, jeans or college jersey. We don't care.
- Free food - We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have unlimited LaCroix, cold brew coffee on tap, and catered lunch (Monday - Thursday).
- Fun work environment - We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hard working, honest, and love to have fun.
- Open vacation & sick time. We let you take time away from work for vacation, personal & short-term sickness, as your good judgment and workload allows.
Built in is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.