What we are looking for:
As an Account Executive, we’re looking for energy, passion, and a thirst for learning about the govtech space, the prospects and clients you will work with, and the skills you will develop which will serve you for the rest of your career. You will be responsible for (a) focusing, following up and developing prospects who have engaged with CityBase, as well as (b) proactively acquiring new government and utility accounts within a defined territory.
Reporting to the head of Sales, this is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth technology organization during prime growth mode.
- Drive Sales
- Qualify and convert leads from marketing campaigns
- Prospect new opportunities using phone, email, Linkedin, etc.
- Be the voice of our company to potential clients through positioning, presentations, proposals and a guide for their buying journey
- Meet and/or exceed new business revenue targets
- Be a Voice of the Field
- Manage sales cycles and present the value of our solutions to Director-and-above level contacts
- Responsible for using the company’s CRM software to input client interaction insights, key opportunity information and forecast your business on a weekly basis
- Partner with internal colleagues and peers to continuously improve processes, drive innovation and share best practices
- Travel as necessary to develop new opportunities, including representing the company at industry trade shows (up to 20% travel)
- Represent the Culture and the Brand of CityBase
- Have an eagerness for learning and a willingness to constantly improve your own performance
- Be a thought leader and a teacher to your clients
- Assist in growing the revenue and profitability of the company
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge and insight related to general trends, methodologies, emerging technologies and competitors.
- 3+ years experience as a sales rep, SDR / ADR, or similar role
- Proven ability to generate new business through multi-channel prospecting
- Comfort and fluency with technology and technical concepts, with SaaS (Software as a Service) experience preferred
- Comfort and strong ability to influence decision makers at Director and above levels
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with CRM software like Hubspot, Salesforce or similar tools
- Ability to change in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience working with cites, states, counties or utilities a plus!
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401k, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Flexible Spending Account, Pre-tax Commuter Program, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- A multitude of snacks and beverages
At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.