The short version
Early-stage venture-backed startup (Techstars Chicago ‘17) looking for a talented, hungry B2B account executive to help us rapidly scale our customer base and build out our sales playbook. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the CEO as the first full-time sales person, and have an integral role in creating a category defining business with a meaningful impact on top-line revenue growth.
Who we are
We’re a fast-moving startup with a vision to empower all professionals by helping them build better relationships. To do this, we’re combining the best practices of the world’s top relationship builders with artificial intelligence.
We’re building a mission-driven team that strives to live out our values every day:
- Diversity of perspective
- Growth (individual and collective)
We’re an ambitious, driven team and we push ourselves to accomplish a lot quickly. In the past 18 months, we’ve been accepted to and graduated from one of the world’s top accelerators, raised a round of venture financing from world class investors, launched our product, rapidly grown our customer base, and architected a robust set of machine learning models as a core source of competitive advantage. In the process, we’ve been named one of Chicago’s top 50 startups to watch - and we plan on giving the world even more to watch in year 2 and beyond!
What your role will be
We’re looking for a talented B2B account executive to help us continue to rapidly scale 4Degrees. You’ll target, connect with, negotiate, and close deals with SMB and mid-market accounts in relationship driven industries - including private investing (venture capital, private equity), real estate, recruiting, and consulting.
Alongside the CEO, you’ll play a core role in helping us exceed our aggressive financial goals as we re-invent the way professional relationships are managed and build a rapidly growing category. This is a unique opportunity to get unrivaled exposure to all facets of building a go-to-market engine of a business, while also capturing significant financial upside (base + robust commission structure) as you close new business.
- Excited about 4Degrees. You believe in our mission and live our core values.
- Ambitious. You’re excited about building something new, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are comfortable with experimentation and risk-taking.
- A seller. You can sell, and have the track record to prove it.
- Results oriented. You are driven by creating impact and winning, and take full ownership of achieving personal and team objectives.
- A time management whiz. You prioritize your time and activities to get the most out of each day. You are prompt and thorough in your follow-up.
- Strong work ethic. You take pride in working harder and smarter than your competition.
- Relentless. You enjoy challenges, don’t give up when things aren’t easy, and are able to power through rejection.
- Curious. You work to deeply understand customers, their workflows, and their objectives to create the best solution for them.
- Collaborative. You pass along learnings and feedback to the broader sales and product team, and do things outside of your job description to help the team.
- Tech savvy. You quickly pick up new features and products and understand them well enough to effectively answer customer questions.
Skills you’ll need
- Excellent at presentations and demos - whether phone, video, web conference, or in person.
- Strong written and verbal communication - via email, with customers, or internal collaboration tools.
- Pipeline building - able to prospect and identify good-fit potential companies to meet revenue targets.
- Sales cycle management - to effectively drive closed won new business and revenue
We’d be really excited if you are
- Experienced in building and iterating on software sales playbooks / methodologies
- Experienced in selling into or working in financial services, real estate, recruiting, or other relationship driven industries