SPINS is seeking a world class Account Executive to join our growing Sales team.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
Our sales professionals focus on prospecting new business opportunities, talking with decision-makers, analyzing their needs, and effectively delivering value-added solutions.
This natural deal closer will be a significant contributor to SPINS’ overall growth and profitability and responsible for driving revenue growth by identifying, building, managing and growing new and existing client relationships.
The role requires a strong focus on new business development, in addition to up-selling and cross-selling to existing clients and securing contract renewals. This will be achieved through sound account planning, prospecting to identify high quality clients, qualifying and developing assigned accounts, understanding the client’s business environment, educating clients on our portfolio of solutions.
The position reports to the Director of Sales and is located in our Chicago office (222 W. Hubbard St.) in River North.
- Identify, prospect, cultivate and grow client base
- Execute sales plans to achieve new customer revenue and existing customer
up-sell revenue targets
- Input and maintain leads and client activity in Salesforce CRM software
- Relentlessly follow up with potential leads
- Maximize revenue and profitability potential by up-selling new revenue, raising awareness of the portfolio of solutions and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Exceed defined sales goals through strategic account planning, networking, and use of company resources
- Provide top-notch customer service at all times
- Participate in kick-off meetings, major milestone meetings and other opportunistic events
- Create genuine value for clients to help grow SPINS’ capabilities and positive reputation
- Maintain thorough understanding of SPINS’ solutions and tailor presentations to meet the needs of different types of manufacturers
What you bring.
- A minimum of two years sales experience required, preferably selling to “cold leads”
- Experience selling Software as a Service is a must
- Hungry for success and willing to work both smart and hard to achieve goals
- Experience using CRM systems – Salesforce a plus
- Super organized and HIGHLY detailed oriented
- Multi-task like a BOSS
- Upbeat, energetic and positive, outgoing, charismatic
- People person
- Great phone skills and likes talking on the phone
- Possesses professional communication skills, with the ability to write friendly, clear, eloquent emails and conduct numerous daily phone calls with ease
- Stellar communicator – both in writing, in person and via phone
- Self-motivated – the team is small, the goals are large
- A desire to grow and learn
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Passion for and experience in the food industry a plus!
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.