Amper is hiring an empathetic Account Executive who is excited about growing their sales career at an innovative, well-funded startup. We have recently raised over $3.5M in seed capital and are looking to quickly grow our team and scale our company.
As an Account Executive at Amper, you will be responsible for generating new sales by educating customers on the value of our data-driven solution and advancing them through the deal cycle. You will own customer engagements end-to-end, from prospecting and qualification to close. As an early member of the sales team, you will play a critical role in creating and implementing new tactics to achieve long and short term sales goals.
What will you be doing?
- Effectively communicate Amper’s value proposition through demos and presentations at all organizational levels
- Engage customers to better understand their needs and requirements
- Partner with and include the marketing and product teams to help transform qualified opportunities into sales as needed
- Meet and exceed monthly performance quotas through lead qualification (identify key players, rate engagement/interest) and targeted communication
- Manage, monitor, and maintain clean pipeline data
Some reasons you might like working with us:
- We are a cross-functional team that thrives in collaborating and supporting colleagues
- Our vision is massive and we have the team, technology and customer base to support that growth
- We have an insanely talented team that is fast-paced and each in the top of their field
- We believe that building Amper is a marathon and not a short sprint and we support a balanced life
- You get to learn a lot very quickly and we trust you to operate with freedom in achieving your mission
Here are the skills you'll need to be successful:
- 3+ years experience in a full-cycle, closing sales role
- Experience closing both SMBs (remote) and mid-market clients
- Ability to run demos, handle objections and articulate Amper’s value proposition
- Ability to engage multiple stakeholders, including managerial and C-level personnel, and conduct multi-faceted pricing negotiations
- Ability to perform end-to-end sales (cold calls to closing)
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email and demonstrations/webinars
- Technical expertise and the ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Understanding of and ability to apply effective business development strategies and techniques
- Experience working with a CRM
Here's why this might not be a fit for you:
- Our team is small and missing key skills become apparent very quickly. We provide resources to learn and grow (and expect our colleagues to develop skills constantly), but if you don’t want there to be a need to continuously learn and perform, this isn’t the right role.
- You will need to do a lot yourself - no task is too small or too large for this role. You may need to re-design a presentation, build a sales forecast, or document a boring (but essential to standardize) process. If you’re not a hands-on individual that is motivated to get stuff done (quickly), this role won’t be enjoyable for you.
- We don’t look at customers as “cash cows” but rather see them as long term partners in our journey to making the industry succeed. We detest the current model of how industrial sales are clunky and poorly designed for customers.
If this role seems like a fit, we would love to learn more about your experience and goals.