Account Executive/Insurance Sales
We are looking for sales people! Not just your run of the mill sales people, you need to know how to build trust, think strategically and serve people beautifully!
Moving fast and constantly changing tracks is right up your alley - you have a ten track mind. You are an extraordinary communicator and your picture sits next to the definition of great listener in the dictionary. So if you are an insurance lovin’, trust-building, ten-track moving sales goliath – we want you!
Who is Guaranteed Rate Insurance?
Guaranteed Rate Insurance is not your typical company and certainly not your typical insurance brokerage. We are young, have tons of energy and love what we do – get people great priced insurance and wow them with our impeccable customer service. Also, our location rocks – right off the brown line. Our home base is a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. There are a few offices, but we totally outnumber the office dwellers. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. We subsidize all meals so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $20 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, cross fit or boxing - we like our folks happy and healthy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day and all evening with wifi, two bars, music, grills, fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em!! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employees), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc.
- Inter-office contests like the Great Mac-Off, Chili Cook-Off and limbo. We always keep you guessing and participating.
- A FREE on-site nurse. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all?
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage (yup, dental and vision too), short-term disability, life insurance, and even legal assistance (for a small monthly fee)…and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day best and be prepared to write some insurance policies.
So what do we want from you?
We’re just gonna give it to you straight…
- We’ve got over 20 insurance carriers across the U.S., and you want to be BFFs with all of them!
- We’ve got leads – lots of leads, and all you want to do is close that sale – it’s the air you breathe.
- Cross selling. It’s your middle name – no really.
- When you’re selling, we have a support team to help! Yup, we know you need to keep moving to close the next one.
- You’ll do what it takes to serve the customer and find the right insurance product for them – seriously, we thrive on happy customers!
Here’s the experience we’d like you to have:
- We love our education, but if you’re shy a degree – come show us what ya got!
- You’ve gotta have between 2-5 years of insurance sales experience – this is not a position for green sales people.
- Must have your P&C license – no exceptions.
- You love teams. You are a team playing savant!
- You are ridiculously organized – almost OCD and need medication.
- If we didn’t mention it before, you should be goal oriented – you know, you see a goal and obsess about knocking the ball out of the park.
- We want people who can’t wait to get out of bed to attack the day. We will push you, but you’ve got to have a fire in your gut and be ready to attack each and every day!
- Passions include: winning, offering great customer service, having fun, learning, growing and making mistakes (hopefully never the same one more than once).
- Customers and quotes are personal hobbies – managing a sales pipeline and learning Velocify, EZ Lynx and carrier websites are things you could easily figure out yourself (but we’ll help you get it faster)
- Don’t make us say it - it’s the 21st Century! You should know Outlook, Excel and Word.
- You’ll report to our talented Guaranteed Rate Division Manager – he knows his stuff so you’ll learn more than you can imagine.
We offer competitive compensation potential and a rock star benefits package.
What are our roots?
Guaranteed Rate Insurance (GRI) is an independent insurance brokerage that offers personal lines and life insurance products to their customers. GRI is owned by Guaranteed Rate, one of the ten largest retail mortgage lenders in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $80 billion in home purchase loans and refinances since 2000. Guaranteed Rate was ranked No. 1 in Scotsman Guide’s “Top Retail Mortgage Lenders 2014” honors, and was recognized by Inc. magazine as the No. 4 private company job creator in the U.S. in 2013.
GRI was established to offer insurance products to Guaranteed Rate mortgage customers’ and has built a reputation on providing customers with impeccable service, a quick and hassle-free process, and excellent and competitively priced insurance products from top A Rated carriers. Headquartered in Chicago, GRI is licenses in 25 states with 4 offices across the U.S., and is rapidly growing to keep up with the Guaranteed Rate customer demand for our services.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason, as protected by law.